Losing ground.

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 91,200.00
Read 2 books this week, bought 3 more today. At this rate I am going to need a bookshelf for just the unread. Currently sitting at at 26.

I couldn't imagine how many books I have in my queue. I read roughly 50 in a calendar year, so the list is loooonnnnngggg and impossible to erase.

same...just can't help myself and I keep adding to my stack of to reads in my living room.

definitely grateful for the library at times as it keeps me from buying a book every single time.

and the Kindle

I prefer buying high-quality used books on eBay and Amazon and keep about 90% of them.
I buy from mostly thrift stores. My wife shops, I hit the book shelves. If a book interests me, I buy it. But, it must be in good shape to even look at the title. One of the Goodwill Stores we frequent must be a charity for a bookstore. Lots of new and even 1st Editions to be had.

I buy from mostly thrift stores. My wife shops, I hit the book shelves. If a book interests me, I buy it. But, it must be in good shape to even look at the title. One of the Goodwill Stores we frequent must be a charity for a bookstore. Lots of new and even 1st Editions to be had.
I was just at a Goodwill down by Petco Park that had the best book selection I've ever seen at a thrift store. I'm guessing they came from an old person's estate.

I was just at a Goodwill down by Petco Park that had the best book selection I've ever seen at a thrift store. I'm guessing they came from an old person's estate.

Taking a road trop here in a couple weeks. Gift certificates appreciated.

I've bought enough books in the past.

Now I only purchase if I can't access through my regional library or via an interlibrary loan.

But I'm a regular at the library.

Tony Hillerman has my attention these days. Leaphorn and Chee, Navajo cops. Good reads and well and accurately written.

These are my original Churchills. My cousin has the other 3 of this WWII series.

WinstonC.jpg

8df669d3c64fcb860d2168138c46f00baf273403f1bc7a44107df5bc40e77029._SX1080_.png

Now I only purchase if I can't access through my regional library or via an interlibrary loan.

Tony Hillerman has my attention these days. Leaphorn and Chee, Navajo cops. Good reads and well and accurately written.

These are my original Churchills. My cousin has the other 3 of this WWII series.

View attachment 86522

We put them in a neighbours garbage sale for shits and giggles. One guy offered $35. Canuckistanian of course.

My paternal grandfather bought 3 each for his 2 sons one year.

You guys would have liked him your kind of people. The family dog who happened to be black was called Nigger. Most here would have a laugh riot as the mutt was called home at night. "HEY NIGGER!!! COME ON BOY!!!"

• Bullshit!
Reactions: ill

View attachment 86522
Leaphorn and Chee are a couple of my favorite characters in fiction. I own 7-8 titles by Hillerman.

We put them in a neighbours garbage sale for shits and giggles. One guy offered $35. Canuckistanian of course.

You guys would have liked him your kind of people. The family dog who happened to be black was called Nigger. Most here would have a laugh riot as the mutt was called home at night. "HEY NIGGER!!! COME ON BOY!!!"
You have a warped view of America, sir.

I don't think I would have liked him... He sounds like an asshole

I don't think I would have liked him... He sounds like an asshole

Did not necessarily mean you.

It was 1930. It's the way things were. Still is in some places.