Magic and the Showtime Lakers

It pissed my hoops coaches off back in the day, too, because I would try those no-look passes in practices and games - but I ain't no Magic.

Loved watching the contrasting but equally effective styles of the 80s Lakers and Celtics.
One thing they had in common was maximum effort. Neither team had one guy who took a play off - because if they did, Magic or Larry would straighten them up.

Loved watching the contrasting but equally effective styles of the 80s Lakers and Celtics.

I was in my 20's at that time. Old enough to understand how special what I was seeing was...

and young enough to think it would last forever. lol

Never going to see anything like this ever again in sports. It was the pinnacle, gentlemen. And we got to see it happen.

The best team off all time is the 87 Lakers followed by the 86 Celtics.

Never going to see anything like this ever again in sports. It was the pinnacle, gentlemen. And we got to see it happen.

Magic was overrated. Name one thing he did exceptionally well...I dare ya

If you take his trophies away, his career was no better than one scottie pippen
bugs bunny eye roll GIF by Looney Tunes World of Mayhem

I loved me some showtime in the day.

The older I get tho, the fucking more badass Larry legend gets.

Oh, and Kareem is a total bitch in that video.

I loved me some showtime in the day.

The older I get tho, the fucking more badass Larry legend gets.

Oh, and Kareem is a total bitch in that video.

I seen some guys talking about how Bird would tell the defense the play then run the exact play he told them and still score.

Magic said Bird took a pass, waited for Magic to run to him, then busted a three and told Magic "you did all that running for nothing."