Matter of Perspective

How about an hour ago? A minute ago? A second ago?

History, like time, is broken down into 3 parts...happened, is happening, and will happen. Or was, is, to be.
well technically. the past is apart of history, It is written (so to speak)
Current events are things happening or about to happen.
Now as in life. Nothing is strictly black & white, since history often dictates current events. Especially recent history.
So where would you draw that line? I'm guessing it is gonna be a smeared line.

well technically. the past is apart of history, It is written (so to speak)
Current events are things happening or about to happen.
Now as in life. Nothing is strictly black & white, since history often dictates current events. Especially recent history.
So where would you draw that line? I'm guessing it is gonna be a smeared line.
Why I bring up the question. You can get technical(was, is, will be) or artistic(history is a river or cloud). It either flows, picking up volume by what goes into it or is is a nebulous, all-encompassing thing.

Why I bring up the question. You can get technical(was, is, will be) or artistic(history is a river or cloud). It either flows, picking up volume by what goes into it or is is a nebulous, all-encompassing thing.
well. Lets hope people get back to learning their history, so we arent doomed to repeat it! Making it come full circle into our current events.

Stuck in linear. You will never find nirvana that way.

When do current events end and history start?

The simple answer is... it depends on whether the subject has run its chronological course.

The Russian/Ukraine War is current events.
The Korean War is history.

Yoko Ono is current events.
John Lennon is history.

Trump's intellect is current events.
Biden's intellect is history.

Combat is probably the most raw answer to that question.

If you have a moment to think about what you just did, then it's history. If you're still in the "shit" with no time to think, it's the present. If you're thinking about what you'll be doing later on leave, then it's the future.

Depending on the situation, the present can be a split second.... hours.... days.... weeks... etc.

While time may be linear, our perception of it can be chaotic and individualized.