Who wins?

• Iron Mike

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Jake Paul

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Ends in controversy when Tyson takes a bite of potato salad

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
Paul is gonna win. Tyson is still a beast but he's not going to last against someone 30 years younger.

Yeah. Paul isn't a complete scrub. It's not like he's just some goof that spends all his time online and steps into the ring day of. He legit trains and is in his athletic prime. Could he beat other boxers in his own age range? No, that's why a low level boxer like Tommy Fury beat him. But he's a smart promoter and keeps picking people he knows he can beat (older guys, guys that might have fight experience but not boxing experience). 30 years is a huge gap. Tyson looks good in clips for his age but as long as Paul doesn't just stand still, he stands a good chance to win. The brilliant thing about Paul's promoting though is its a fight you're gonna want to watch. Because since it is Mike Tyson, you know there's still a chance he could pull it off even though athletic logic should say he shouldn't.

Crazy to think how when Mike was Jake’s age, he’d only ever lost to Buster Douglass.

And was an incarcerated rapist.

Yeah. Paul isn't a complete scrub. It's not like he's just some goof that spends all his time online and steps into the ring day of. He legit trains and is in his athletic prime. Could he beat other boxers in his own age range? No, that's why a low level boxer like Tommy Fury beat him. But he's a smart promoter and keeps picking people he knows he can beat (older guys, guys that might have fight experience but not boxing experience). 30 years is a huge gap. Tyson looks good in clips for his age but as long as Paul doesn't just stand still, he stands a good chance to win. The brilliant thing about Paul's promoting though is its a fight you're gonna want to watch. Because since it is Mike Tyson, you know there's still a chance he could pull it off even though athletic logic should say he shouldn't.
And we don’t have to pay extra for it, right?

he hasn't been terrible in the wrestling ring either.

I did see him on the first episode of the second season of Full Swing and dude does not have a golf swing...but also he looks like a massive douche

My son asked if we could get tickets to go see this. I told him zero chance in hell I'm going to Jerry World and surrounding myself with Jake Paul douche fans.

So, I'll probably end up there in July. T's & P's please.

Paul does train seriously. There is zero chance Tyson would train much if at all for this showcase fight. Thats why he could win. But because he chooses these types of fights is why he can’t be taken seriously as a pro boxer.

Paul does train seriously. There is zero chance Tyson would train much if at all for this showcase fight. Thats why he could win. But because he chooses these types of fights is why he can’t be taken seriously as a pro boxer.
it will come down to natural ability that Tyson has left...

I think he can still pack a punch...and he likely still works out to some extent.

And we don’t have to pay extra for it, right?

I don't think they've made that clear yet. Says its on Netflix but it could be a situation like UFC/ESPN where even though you have ESPN+, you still have to pay extra for certain shows. Netflix is starting to break into live events/sports over the next few months to a year, so my gut says all you'll need is Netflix. It's a good way to drive subs.

My son asked if we could get tickets to go see this. I told him zero chance in hell I'm going to Jerry World and surrounding myself with Jake Paul douche fans.

So, I'll probably end up there in July. T's & P's please.
You should be ok, it'll probably be like any game weekend in College Station. :biggrin:

Paul is gonna win. Tyson is still a beast but he's not going to last against someone 30 years younger.
unfortunately it will be this.
While Iron Mike will always have that puncher's chance.
but his power isnt what it once was. Jake Paul has trained enough now to last the fight.
Iron Mike doesnt have the stamina anymore to be the danger, we all envision.
Happy to see Iron Mike get another payday, but I dont foresee him winning this :(

You should be ok, it'll probably be like any game weekend in College Station. :biggrin:
Angry Batman Returns GIF by HBO Max

jake paul gets a few more mil and wins again, this isn't a hard pattern to see. it's not like the bouts have been interesting. (same could be said for any Floyd fight in his history). you build up the product and the product is always less. (not to compare floyd to him, floyd was good at his craft in his ability to win.. in the most boring fights, sorry purists that enjoyed his defensive excellence). I digress.

Tyson was pretty stout against Jones and in this case probably wouldn't shy away from punching Paul in the head.

But as others suggested Tyson could be getting a hefty side deal to tank this for Paul's future benefit. Mike needs the dough.

a SU fight I think Tyson wins.

Tyson was pretty stout against Jones and in this case probably wouldn't shy away from punching Paul in the head.

But as others suggested Tyson could be getting a hefty side deal to tank this for Paul's future benefit. Mike needs the dough.

Yeah, I'm not beating Tyson...

I dont think tyson needs the money. He is in the legal weed business and is rolling in it.

eh

10 million wealth is fantastic but a single payday could double that
Yeah if his net worth is 8-10 million then he's definitely not living anywhere near the lifestyle he used to.