Miracle on Ice - 43 years ago today

Missed the anniversary of the greatest pregame speech of all time on Friday…US played Finland and would get the gold medal with a win. There was even a scenario where they would not medal at all if they lost. Herb Brooks came into the locker room, said “if you lose this game, you’ll take it to your fucking grave.” and walked out. They didn’t lose.

Missed the anniversary of the greatest pregame speech of all time on Friday…US played Finland and would get the gold medal with a win. There was even a scenario where they would not medal at all if they lost. Herb Brooks came into the locker room, said “if you lose this game, you’ll take it to your fucking grave.” and walked out. They didn’t lose.
He actual paused, turned around and said, “your fucking grave”. Then walked out.

#boomerthread 43 year anniversary is not significant

im horny jack nicholson GIF

#boomerthread 43 year anniversary is not significant
I’m not a boomer but I can appreciate kicking some Soviet ass. I grew up playing hockey and at one point in elementary school learned about the Miracle on Ice and got really into it. I did a project about it and actually got the chance to do a phone interview with Mike Eruzione. Nobody else had any idea what I was talking about but it was really cool.