GAME Missouri (0-1) @ #21 Tennessee (1-0)

Refs keep cheating for UT, every penalty is on Mizzou

Half have been called back. Also we have had a fair share of penalties but they haven't been as noticeable due to the situation they were in (mostly false starts with us). Also, Missouri doesn't look very discipline which is why they are getting penalties.

Trash officiating in this game

Great 4th down call by Missouri. I sometimes think teams don't go for it enough on 4th down. I think defenses get nervous on 4th downs when teams go for it and they usually tend to work out more often than not.

Mizzou actually got away with movement on the 4th and 1 play.....Mizzou needs like 10 more of those from the officials

Mizzou actually got away with movement on the 4th and 1 play.....Mizzou needs like 10 more of those from the officials

This isn't your year. New coach and system. I think Mizzou may make some noise in November once the players learn the system (kind of like Tennessee a couple of years ago when we beat a ranked Auburn and Kentucky teams). Good year for a rebuilding year because I am not sure we will have bowl games. Great year to just develop your team.

I will say, the new coach has inserted life into Mizzou. They seemed to be making good decisions but the team just doesn't have the talent or momentum right now.

My concern is Tennessee doesn't seem to know how to blow teams out. We have left points on the board and gave up a TD that we shouldn't have given up. Our offense still isn't consistent enough to put teams away. This will bite us at some point.

Also our kicking game has been abysmal so far this year (well at least FG kicking).

Come on Mizzou +11

Come on Mizzou +11

Good bet. Tennessee has a hard time blowing out teams except the bowl games. For some reason, we always seem to destroy B1G teams in bowl games. The exception was Indiana last year.

Even in the Fulmer era, we were inconsistent with blow outs. Ironically, some of our biggest blowouts have been in games where we weren't favored to win.

4 penalties in 3 quarters. You make it seem like Mizzou has 10 Penalties. You are such a whiny bitch

4 penalties in 3 quarters. You make it seem like Mizzou has 10 Penalties. You are such a whiny bitch

The main penalty he was crying about earlier ended up being called back and cancelled (the targeting call).

@Mutiger This is a rebuilding year. Be patient. You are not going to beat the Alabamas, Georgias, Floridas, and Tennessees on your schedule (or any SEC West opponent not named Arkansas and maybe Ole Miss). However, you do have Vandy, UK, South Carolina, and Arkansas incoming. I see at least 2-3 Ws that Missouri could pick up.

This isn't your year. New coach and system. I think Mizzou may make some noise in November once the players learn the system (kind of like Tennessee a couple of years ago when we beat a ranked Auburn and Kentucky teams). Good year for a rebuilding year because I am not sure we will have bowl games. Great year to just develop your team.

I will say, the new coach has inserted life into Mizzou. They seemed to be making good decisions but the team just doesn't have the talent or momentum right now.
Yep. I'm not entirely sure there's even a win on their schedule this year but that's not my biggest concern. I just want to see Bazelak, Drinkwitz, etc. to show progress and grow because this just isn't Mizzou's year.

Yep. I'm not entirely sure there's even a win on their schedule this year but that's not my biggest concern. I just want to see Bazelak, Drinkwitz, etc. to show progress and grow

You have Arkansas and Vandy. Both are winneable for this team.

2nd Tennessee TD that was gifted by the refs...what a horrendous PI call on Mizzou in the end zone.

Yep. I'm not entirely sure there's even a win on their schedule this year but that's not my biggest concern. I just want to see Bazelak, Drinkwitz, etc. to show progress and grow because this just isn't Mizzou's year.
Vandy's always given them trouble but you're right that's still winnable, and I completely forgot they play Arkansas. Thought that game got nixed.

2nd Tennessee TD that was gifted by the refs...what a horrendous PI call on Mizzou in the end zone.

Ugh, he tackled the WR. It was definitely PI lmao. Granted, I am wondering if Palmer flopped some but the Missouri guy pushed off of him to avoid him from catching it. Chill out.

Vandy's always given them trouble but you're right that's still winnable, and I completely forgot they play Arkansas. Thought that game got nixed.

Yeah, Arkansas is your "rival" so you play them every year kind of like us with Alabama (which hasn't worked out for us well in the last 14 years). I cannot understand why you guys can't get Kansas to agree to an OOC series similar to how Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and Kentucky were able to maintain their rivals from the ACC.

Texas A&M and Texas also need to start playing again every year as well. Texas legislature, make it happen.

Ugh, he tackled the WR. It was definitely PI lmao. Granted, I am wondering if Palmer flopped some but the Missouri guy pushed off of him to avoid him from catching it. Chill out.

Give me a break...UT WR pushed off and the ball was not even catchable. That was a terrible call

Good win...

Pruitt and his staff have "at times" had some questionable on the field calls but are learning from it. However, where this staff has been winning since day 1 is building the team off the field. The recruiting and development of the players has been great. It is showing with the wins on the field. It isn't just the ranking of the recruiting classes but rather how they are recruiting to address past issues such as the line of scrimmage which Butch Jones didn't even address.

I feel good about the direction of the program. We are at least back to where Butch Jones had us with the 2015-2016 seasons (a top 25 team) but we are not quite back to being a contender (which is a top 10 team in the SEC).