Moral dillema of where Artificial Intelligence is leading us

Yeah, life is sooo much better for the average Mexican in the US than Mexico. The basically all just want to come up here.
I don't blame them, but I want them to go through the legal immigration process, have marketable skills, learn English and not be criminals.

Am I asking too much?

I don't blame them, but I want them to go through the legal immigration process, have marketable skills, learn English and not be criminals.

Am I asking too much?
"learn English" is completely silly - the others I get.

Life is way better for the average Mexican in Mexico, which is why very, very few want to come here.

"learn English" is completely silly - the others I get.

Life is way better for the average Mexican in Mexico, which is why very, very few want to come here.
Learning the language of our land, the international language of business is silly?

I wish your 2nd sentence was true, but I believe that other than the well off Mexicans (small %) most would trek here in a heartbeat if they thought they could do it safely and without repurcussions.

Learning the language of our land, the international language of business is silly?

I wish your 2nd sentence was true, but I believe that other than the well off Mexicans (small %) most would trek here in a heartbeat if they thought they could do it safely and without repurcussions.
Eh, I think for themselves, it's not necessarily better up here.

It's better for their children up here, though.

You'll never be reasonable about this and I'm not interested in debating it but I have to say, Americans arrogantly telling others to "learn the language" is a joke.

You'll never be reasonable about this and I'm not interested in debating it but I have to say, Americans arrogantly telling others to "learn the language" is a joke.
Never understand why it's considered arrogant (or "racist"). If I were to move to Germany or Japan, my best path to success is to learn the culture and learn the language if I want to succeed and contribute. This notion that I'd be able to be successful and the best I could be by keeping my head in the sand and just doing the "American thing" in another country is just silly.

Ties pretty good to this topic though. Automation is where we are heading. Those that don't "learn the language" are going to be left behind both in a social and career sense.

Never understand why it's considered arrogant (or "racist"). If I were to move to Germany or Japan, my best path to success is to learn the culture and learn the language if I want to succeed and contribute. This notion that I'd be able to be successful and the best I could be by keeping my head in the sand and just doing the "American thing" in another country is just silly.

Ties pretty good to this topic though. Automation is where we are heading. Those that don't "learn the language" are going to be left behind both in a social and career sense.
Everyone in the world "learns the language" except Americans. The whole world laughs at Americans over it but most of them are too dumb to know it because they'll never leave the country.

It's incredibly arrogant of Americans who will never in their life learn a second language to stick their nose in the air and tell Hispanics to "learn the language", especially when many of them have indeed learned the fucking language - with zero help from anyone.

Everyone in the world "learns the language" except Americans. The whole world laughs at Americans over it but most of them are too dumb to know it because they'll never leave the country.

It's incredibly arrogant of Americans who will never in their life learn a second language to stick their nose in the air and tell Hispanics to "learn the language", especially when many of them have indeed learned the fucking language - with zero help from anyone.
Many have and many haven't, learned the language. There are many Hispanic families for example, where the parents or grandparents never learn the language. (I grew up in a largely Hispanic city and most of my friends older relatives did not speak English.) I see the same thing with Somalian families now where I currently live.

I think you would be hard pressed to find an American who moves to another country for a career who doesn't attempt to learn the country's language. If an American is moving due to career aspirations, I'd be willing to bet they will do everything in their power to gain as much of an advantage as possible.

Now if we're talking vacationers or basic white bitches who just need to study abroad to get some foreign cock in them so they can Instagram and talk for a decade about "how awesome Spain is", yea, they likely aren't going to attempt to assimilate.

I think you would be hard pressed to find an American who moves to another country for a career who doesn't attempt to learn the country's language.
I guess they've always just lived around me in the countries I've lived in then! It's a standing ongoing joke in the American expat community.

Again, for Americans to arrogantly tell anyone to "learn the language" is farcical in its ignorance.

I guess they've always just lived around me in the countries I've lived in then! It's a standing ongoing joke in the American expat community.

Again, for Americans to arrogantly tell anyone to "learn the language" is farcical in its ignorance.
Well, I'll treat those Americans with the same words that I'm saying here. I have family who moved to Germany and Norway and they made it a point to learn the language as best they could both prior to and while living there. This entire notion shouldn't be a 'Murrica thing, it should be common sense with anyone moving to a new area with a new culture.

Well, I'll treat those Americans with the same words that I'm saying here. I have family who moved to Germany and Norway and they made it a point to learn the language as best they could both prior to and while living there. This entire notion shouldn't be a 'Murrica thing, it should be common sense with anyone moving to a new area with a new culture.
Man, Norwegian is tough! Not a beginner language. Makes German look pretty easy. My wife has a Polish friend and we tried to learn a word or two of it. My limited use of German did nothing to help. Very difficult, though not as difficult as Russian.

Ai has scared me for a while now.

Although Humans are combative in nature. We also look for stuff that would make our heteic life's alot easier and simpler, Alexis and Home mini's are a good point.

So we keep looking for more and more ways. It makes us more and more dependable in nature

IMO people, some more than others, are also Stupid and impressionable. Here is a case point using Wrestling.

A month ago the WWE complety transformed the arena in Orlando, the amway center, into a Virtual hub with Screens so fans can see themselves on TV, infact one if the Competition main guys got caught on screen. They had 3 shows the first week....

They made a move to ban 4 or 5 people. I can't remember.

Am I asking too much?

I am more concern with the amount of people we have living in the USA, and providing opportunities for Americans. Not speaking English is never a deal breaker for me ... I barely speak the language myself. I have always been partial to the American Language myself.

Huge benefits in almost every area of life.

But what happens when it becomes HAL9000 and stops obeying us? "I'm sorry, Dave. I can't do that."

Someone very smart recently said the end of mankind will come when we give AI control of nukes.

Not sure this is exactly something you might have been expecting, but I enjoy watching these. They cover an assortment of topics, though usually political.

Ever hang-out with some Mexican landscapers or roofers? I have. They're happier than any of the rich fuckers I know, including me. However, I don't know why.
They high and shit