Most Intriguing week based on Preseason projections

It's just a matter of preference. I'd rather watch The Egg Bowl before this years version of UF/Tenn. Same with Texas vs A&M. UF/Tenn was my favorite game to watch growing up(late 90's/early 2000's). But neither have been good in the same year in forever.

If I were to rank the games:
1. Michigan vs. OSU - week 14
2. OSU vs. Oregon - week 7
3. Texas vs. OU - week 7
4. ND vs. USC - week 14
5. A&M vs. Texas - week 14
6. OU vs. LSU - week 14
7. PSU vs. USC - week 7
8. LSU vs. Ole Miss - week 7
9. Auburn vs. Alabama - week 14
10. Egg Bowl - week 14

Both are good weeks, but I think the depth of games in week 14 puts that over the top.
I may be in the minority, but I think the OC change at PSU and DC change at USC is going to work out well for both teams, especially USC. That week 7 matchup could very well be a top 10 matchup, and they also rarely play which is cool. A&M/Texas is very "meh" for me with A&M being so below average lately, and I'm also not high on LSU this year at all. You're right, just a matter of preference.

I may be in the minority, but I think the OC change at PSU and DC change at USC is going to work out well for both teams, especially USC. That week 7 matchup could very well be a top 10 matchup, and they also rarely play which is cool. A&M/Texas is very "meh" for me with A&M being so below average lately, and I'm also not high on LSU this year at all. You're right, just a matter of preference.
aggy vs Texas will be carrying the ratings in Texas.. it's been a long time coming

lol why are these being included?

that's the list for that day for sure
Washington new comer to the Big Ten national runner up vs Iowa who won 10 games last year
Kansas State who is projecting at the top of the Big XII and the hype train of Sanders and Colorado
Cinci and UCF and their American conference history
Iowa State and West Virginia 2 more schools that are projecting to vie for the Big XII

I think USC vs. PSU will be a good game(most likely a top 25 matchup), but from an intrigue perspective, I'd much rather watch a rivalry or geographical centric game(like WVU vs. PSU). If USC or PSU is down(not likely this season, just a hypothetical), that game doesn't really do much for me. That's probably why I picked rivalry weekend in this exercise. I admittedly will miss what CFB was. I'm someone who's more intrigued by a Cal/USC game than USC/PSU. I'm definitely in the minority on that though.

I think USC vs. PSU will be a good game(most likely a top 25 matchup), but from an intrigue perspective, I'd much rather watch a rivalry or geographical centric game(like WVU vs. PSU). If USC or PSU is down(not likely this season, just a hypothetical), that game doesn't really do much for me. That's probably why I picked rivalry weekend in this exercise. I admittedly will miss what CFB was. I'm someone who's more intrigued by a Cal/USC game than USC/PSU. I'm definitely in the minority on that though.
I get the rivalry intrigue but so many of them are blowouts these days. You'll get the occasional Auburn upset over Bama, but I love the new big time matchups with conference realignment. Now if I'm dead wrong on USC and they have 3 losses by the time they face PSU, then yeah that one drops off the map. In terms of big-time matchups though, week 7 will be something else. Also I don't normally care about UF-Tenn, but the game this year is going to be a barometer for each team IMO, and could end up being the beginning of the end for one of those HCs.

I get the rivalry intrigue but so many of them are blowouts these days. You'll get the occasional Auburn upset over Bama, but I love the new big time matchups with conference realignment. Now if I'm dead wrong on USC and they have 3 losses by the time they face PSU, then yeah that one drops off the map. In terms of big-time matchups though, week 7 will be something else. Also I don't normally care about UF-Tenn, but the game this year is going to be a barometer for each team IMO, and could end up being the beginning of the end for one of those HCs.

I get that. I'd just rather watch MSU/PSU play OSU every season, than what it will be now. Sure it'll be cool in the early stages, but after a couple seasons, I think it'll wear off, at least for me. I was excited for Nebraska to join the B1G, but I can't honestly remember one memorable game between them and OSU/PSU/Michigan. I get they have been mediocre most seasons, but still.

I'll watch anything because I'm a CFB diehard, but losing all these rivalries isn't good IMO.

I get that. I'd just rather watch MSU/PSU play OSU every season, than what it will be now. Sure it'll be cool in the early stages, but after a couple seasons, I think it'll wear off, at least for me. I was excited for Nebraska to join the B1G, but I can't honestly remember one memorable game between them and OSU/PSU/Michigan. I get they have been mediocre most seasons, but still.

I'll watch anything because I'm a CFB diehard, but losing all these rivalries isn't good IMO.
The problem with Nebraska was the tailspin they went into after joining the B1G. The Frost hire ended up really setting them back, but I actually will be tuning in this year. I think Ruhle has them on the right track and Raiola seems like the real deal.

I hope a good number of these rivalries continue in the future but it's hard to tell. I'm also sure we're not done with realignment at this point.

The problem with Nebraska was the tailspin they went into after joining the B1G. The Frost hire ended up really setting them back, but I actually will be tuning in this year. I think Ruhle has them on the right track and Raiola seems like the real deal.

I hope a good number of these rivalries continue in the future but it's hard to tell. I'm also sure we're not done with realignment at this point.
Nebraska did that to themselves. 9-4, 10-4, 9-4, 9-4, 6-7, 9-4 before really falling off. 5 of the first 6 years in the conference were good seasons. was it actually changing conferences that was the problem?

Nebraska did that to themselves. 9-4, 10-4, 9-4, 9-4, 6-7, 9-4 before really falling off. 5 of the first 6 years in the conference were good seasons. was it actually changing conferences that was the problem?
It didn't hurt playing in the dismal B1G West when they first joined, but after Tommy Armstrong they've had no consistency at QB. They also gave Frost a lot of slack while he was shitting the bed. Again though, I like where they are with Rhule. They have a solid defense, and now they have their QB. This is Rhule's time to prove Baylor wasn't a total fluke. They're one of the more fascinating stories this year.

Back