My retirement clubs

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 134,755.00
Thinking of going with a full set of Ping G425s. No doubt will be the last set of clubs I buy.

Thoughts?

Thinking of going with a full set of Ping G425s. No doubt will be the last set of clubs I buy.

Thoughts?
No can do for me....I’m grossly incompetent when it comes to Ping. I know a general rep as really good clubs, but that doesn’t help much.

If I were staring at my likely last set ever I feel like I would be looking Taylor Made myself, but haven’t really thought about it. Still have about 20 years for that debate.

Thoughts?
Hopefully fitted.

I don't know anything about G425, I have G25 irons.

Hopefully fitted.

I don't know anything about G425, I have G25 irons.

Yes, will be fitted.

How do you like your irons? Fell in love with the old Ping because of the "Ping" sound off the driver and have been using them ever since. Tried other brands during various demo days and nothing feels as good to me as Ping clubs.

I don't know why, but I can't hit Ping drivers straight to save my life.

Yes, will be fitted.

How do you like your irons? Fell in love with the old Ping because of the "Ping" sound off the driver and have been using them ever since. Tried other brands during various demo days and nothing feels as good to me as Ping clubs.
I like them fine. Got graphite shafts cause my pro said they'd be easier on my wrists if I played a lot.
I use taylormade sldr driver, 3 wood, and 3-4 hybrids.

Was my retirement set but that was 7 years ago. I've had the heads fly off of 2 of the pings and had to have them reshafted.

I like them fine. Got graphite shafts cause my pro said they'd be easier on my wrists if I played a lot.
I use taylormade sldr driver, 3 wood, and 3-4 hybrids.

Was my retirement set but that was 7 years ago. I've had the heads fly off of 2 of the pings and had to have them reshafted.

Crikey

Congrats on the impending retirement

Congrats on the impending retirement

clint eastwood legend GIF

Sorry I can't help you with the clubs, but I think getting fitted will be the most important thing. One day I hope to be able to do the same thing

The first set of irons I bought for myself were Pings...G5s maybe? They were fine for first clubs, very forgiving, so that's something I attibute to all Ping clubs.

Have you hit the set you are looking at?

I'd do what Fish said and get fitted.