March Madnes NCAA Tournament: Second Round

Huge LOL at Kentucky fans crying about officiating.

Funny Tshiebwe is allowed to do whatever he wants basically and Kstate can't even breath on him, but one maybe call that shockingly goes against Kentucky is the travesty.

Hilarious how fans of teams that have gotten the calls over decades of high stakes games get all pissy when the calls go the other way. I'm looking at you Kentucky, UNC, Duke fans.

That TCU Buzzer beater last night was money. One of the best back door covers of all time.

Funny Tshiebwe is allowed to do whatever he wants basically and Kstate can't even breath on him, but one maybe call that shockingly goes against Kentucky is the travesty.

Hilarious how fans of teams that have gotten the calls over decades of high stakes games get all pissy when the calls go the other way. I'm looking at you Kentucky, UNC, Duke fans.

i felt the same way watching Pickett play against UT the other night.. his go to moves were to lower his shoulder and chicken wing you in the paint.. all legal moves in the refs eyes that night.. hell they weren't even counting how long he was in the paint either

i felt the same way watching Pickett play against UT the other night.. his go to moves were to lower his shoulder and chicken wing you in the paint.. all legal moves in the refs eyes that night.. hell they weren't even counting how long he was in the paint either

Refs seem to get the "HES JUST BIGGER AND STRONGER THAN THOSE GUYS, COULDNT POSSIBLY BE FOULING HES JUST THAT DOMINANT!" logic with some players.

Tshiebwe does a thing where he pins the guy blocking him out down with his forearm so they can't jump and then goes over the back every time usually with forcable contact (AKA a foul) rarely ever gets called for it though.

3 seconds in the key must not exist in college anymore in refs eyes, rarely see it called. Edey for Purdue always seemed like he was in the paint for whole possessions constantly.

I'm not trying to do a conference pride or anything... but everyone looking at conference records in the tournament has always been a joke to me. It's always been about matchups, and in a single elimination tournament, anything can happen.

What i laugh about the most is people talking about how many teams they have in the sweet16 compared to others.. It's funny because the people who are dying on this hill... for the majority of those... school they are cheering for, have already been eliminated.

I was rooting for Gonzaga to beat TCU last night. If KSU lost, it was gonna hurt me because of my bracket, NOT because of conference pride or anything..

If UT gets eliminated this weekend, I won't be rooting for a Big12 or SEC school to win it all.. i'll just enjoy the games.. I won't hang my cap on someone else in the conference my school plays in winning a championship
If you think m rooting for an SEC team then you’re on crack.

My post was a statement of performance only.

If they are going to win then I’ll take a higher profile for the conference altogether because that helps in recruiting. But I will happily take a defeat for all of them.

Refs seem to get the "HES JUST BIGGER AND STRONGER THAN THOSE GUYS, COULDNT POSSIBLY BE FOULING HES JUST THAT DOMINANT!" logic with some players.

Tshiebwe does a thing where he pins the guy blocking him out down with his forearm so they can't jump and then goes over the back every time usually with forcable contact (AKA a foul) rarely ever gets called for it though.

3 seconds in the key must not exist in college anymore in refs eyes, rarely see it called. Edey for Purdue always seemed like he was in the paint for whole possessions constantly.
don't get me started on that mongoloid.. refs favored him on every possession a year ago in the 2nd rd vs us

There needs to be a separation between performing the best in the tournament and the overall best league. The best league is still the Big 12, and will be that way no matter who wins the title. I'd say the SEC has performed the best, as of now, relative to expectation. Despite having a worse overall winning % than the Big East. But if you wanted to argue Big East, I'd be open to that as well.

I'm not trying to do a conference pride or anything... but everyone looking at conference records in the tournament has always been a joke to me. It's always been about matchups, and in a single elimination tournament, anything can happen.

What i laugh about the most is people talking about how many teams they have in the sweet16 compared to others.. It's funny because the people who are dying on this hill... for the majority of those... school they are cheering for, have already been eliminated.

I was rooting for Gonzaga to beat TCU last night. If KSU lost, it was gonna hurt me because of my bracket, NOT because of conference pride or anything..

If UT gets eliminated this weekend, I won't be rooting for a Big12 or SEC school to win it all.. i'll just enjoy the games.. I won't hang my cap on someone else in the conference my school plays in winning a championship
Ahh come on thief! You are going to have to do better than that to earn your future SEC homer card.

Here, I’ll give you some tutoring. Repeat after me….S-E-C…S-E-C!!!!!!!!!!

i'm rooting for Princeton.. although i got Creighton winning :(
If the Blue Jays shoot it like they did yesterday, they are going to be a tough out. But the Bible Aggies didn’t do a hell of a lot to bother the shooters at times.

Yeah it ain’t like the officiating been bad just for the Wildrats or other losers. It hasn’t been to swift for winning teams either.

There needs to be a separation between performing the best in the tournament and the overall best league. The best league is still the Big 12, and will be that way no matter who wins the title. I'd say the SEC has performed the best, as of now, relative to expectation. Despite having a worse overall winning % than the Big East. But if you wanted to argue Big East, I'd be open to that as well.

I think it's a combination.

The ACC was pretty bad last year as a conference regular season, but they showed up in March, so it's a wash.

And after realignment, it won't be a fair fight anyway.

But the bottom of the conferences don't play in the tournament, and the bottom of the Big 12 is much better than the bottom of the other conferences.

The top 4ish teams of each conference is somewhat even this year. I mean it varies, but any given day, Duke, UConn, Purdue, Alabama, Kansas, UCLA I think can all beat each other.

The Big Ten hasn't done great the past few years, but I think it's just a cyclical thing. They just beat themselves up this year. They will get someone in the Final 4 before long.

The ACC is a little more embarassing, but cyclical. They'll bounce back

I see a lot of Big 12 games since I live in Texas, so here’s my two cents worth. (My wife gave my son in law a check for two cents when he and my oldest daughter got married. She told him it allowed her to put her two cents worth in from then on. They still have that check on their refrigerator after 25 years!)

Anyhoo, I heard Bilas repeat ad nausem that the Big 12 didn’t have a bottom. I agree with him. But this year they didn’t seem to have a top either imo. They had a huge number of teams in the 50-85% range. Several teams appeared to be “top” at times but then thudded a while.

I’m in a pool with the guys I play golf with. I called Baylor, TCU and Iowa State correctly. I missed on Kansas but thought they’d get beat in the Sweet Sixteen along with Texas and K-State. We’ll see how those come out. I totally whiffed on West Virginia… thought they’d win one.

It is a good league. Just lacking a Kansas type from last year or a Baylor from two years ago.