Nebraska Fans Hate Animals

aw5P8GW_700bwp.webp
Detroit is so shitty, the Detroit Zoo isn’t even in Detroit.

Likely out of state tourists.
Because if there's one thing that's true, Nebraska is known for their tourism and specifically, tourism to their world class zoos

Same thing with Cincinnati and their airport.
The Detroit airport is in Romulus and the Detroit Zoo is in Royal Oak.....at least the Pistons went from Auburn Hills to actually being in Detroit -- Albeit, by sharing an arena with the Red Wings lol

Because if there's one thing that's true, Nebraska is known for their tourism and specifically, tourism to their world class zoos
As mentioned before, the zoo is a top 10 - 20 zoo in the entire world, drawing more than 2 million visitors annually.
So, your attempt at sarcasm is factually correct.

As mentioned before, the zoo is a top 10 - 20 zoo in the entire world, drawing more than 2 million visitors annually.
So, your attempt at sarcasm is factually correct.

The Detroit airport is in Romulus and the Detroit Zoo is in Royal Oak.....at least the Pistons went from Auburn Hills to actually being in Detroit -- Albeit, by sharing an arena with the Red Wings lol
Detroit can at least use the excuse of being somewhat waterlocked keeping them from things east of the city. Also Auburn Hills never made sense but I understood it, isn't that like the nicest part of the whole state? Oakland county?

Detroit can at least use the excuse of being somewhat waterlocked keeping them from things east of the city. Also Auburn Hills never made sense but I understood it, isn't that like the nicest part of the whole state? Oakland county?
Bloomfield Hills is where all the Detroit athletes typically live. That general area is all the swanky parts, at least in southern Michigan. I think the Traverse City area might actually be technically the wealthiest, because it's all the vacation homes for people in Chicago.

Bloomfield Hills is where all the Detroit athletes typically live. That general area is all the swanky parts, at least in southern Michigan. I think the Traverse City area might actually be technically the wealthiest, because it's all the vacation homes for people in Chicago.
Ah that makes sense. Is Bloomfield Hills also in Oakland county? I feel like I remember several years ago seeing that it was one of the per-capita richest counties in the US.

Ah that makes sense. Is Bloomfield Hills also in Oakland county? I feel like I remember several years ago seeing that it was one of the per-capita richest counties in the US.
Yup, Oakland county has both Bloomfield Hills and Royal Oak, both pretty rich areas. It wouldn't shock me if it were one of the wealthier areas n the country. Lot of history there with the auto industry and the execs living there.

dem toofy bastiges had it comin en sech

mrmmmhmmm

Funny story...

When I was stationed in Biloxi, MS (80s) I was dating a gal and we went to the Audubon Zoo in New Orleans. As we were walking I saw a bunch of people going up and down a hill that was probably 20 ft.
I asked her what was up there and she didn't know. My curiosity got the best of me and I just had to see what was up there.
We got to the top and there was a small monument with a plaque that read something to the effect.....
"This hill is dedicated to the children of New Orleans so they know what a hill looks like."

The Dallas Zoo is approximately 30 miles from my house. We’ve never been there. I can’t imagine actually traveling to a distant city to go to a zoo.

I doubt people plan a trip to Omaha just to see the zoo.

Henry Doorly Zoo gets 'College World Series' visitors and is also right on I-80 so it would get east/west travelers or convention visitors.

It does take an entire day to get through the whole zoo though even if you take a tram. It's a lot of walking.

I doubt people plan a trip to Omaha just to see the zoo.

Henry Doorly Zoo gets 'College World Series' visitors and is also right on I-80 so it would get east/west travelers or convention visitors.

It does take an entire day to get through the whole zoo though even if you take a tram. It's a lot of walking.
I think lots of families will travel to Omaha just for the zoo. I know my brother has taken his kids several times. They’re a couple hours away. Figure people from Kansas, Iowa, Nebraska and SD all visit.