Nerlens Noel signs with Knicks for 1/$5M

fordman84

Administrator
Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 95,570.00
Only pointing this out because in 2017 he turned down a 4 year, $70M contract with Dallas. Instead of making $17.5M every year since then, he has made a grand total of $11.5M (including the $5M this year).

Sometimes betting on yourself is the right way to go, sometimes it isn't. Dallas thanks our lucky stars every day that moron didn't sign the contract.

Knicks love the power forward in a league that doesn't really use power forwards like the Knicks apparently want to.

Only pointing this out because in 2017 he turned down a 4 year, $70M contract with Dallas. Instead of making $17.5M every year since then, he has made a grand total of $11.5M (including the $5M this year).

Sometimes betting on yourself is the right way to go, sometimes it isn't. Dallas thanks our lucky stars every day that moron didn't sign the contract.
I think his fault was not in betting on himself, but not realizing the shift in the league for what defensive minded centers with little offense outside of oops and putbacks would garner on the market going forward.

I think his fault was not in betting on himself, but not realizing the shift in the league for what defensive minded centers with little offense outside of oops and putbacks would garner on the market going forward.
He was just in an odd time, which is when ballhandling powers rule the NBA. We now are migrating back to having PG's who can distribute running offenses which I think are making the defense-first 5's more important.

noel is such an overrated turd (especially considering he was a #6 pick), so of course he's now a Knick