New Trend: College Coaches Jumping To The NFL

Tennessee running backs coach Jerry Mack is set to leave Knoxville and head for the NFL.

According to a report from FootballScoop’s John Brice, Mack is expected to leave UT after three seasons with the program and join the Jacksonville Jaguars. A deal has not yet been finalized, but both sides are working to make Mack the organization’s next running backs coach, according to Brice.

“I’m never one to complain about the amount of work, but I can tell you for the first time in 33 years of coaching, I went home and said, ‘Am I really gonna have enough energy to do this for the long haul?'” Locksley said. “My hope is that we can put a guardrail around the NIL and the transfer portal stuff and create more accountability in terms of knowing.

“The hard part is you just can’t build a roster and know exactly who, what, when. So, for me, I think it’s going to be really important. There’s a lot of different things you have to do, but you have to prioritize when it’s time to coach football, we’ve got to coach football. I’ve been able to do that and I’ve got a staff of coaches that help me do that.”I
I read a quote from Locksley where he said his 3rd string running back walked in his office and demanded 100k in NIL or he was entering the transfer portal. Imagine what the top guys are asking for.