NHL 2021 Schedule Announced

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 891.00
Well there is that. For those unaware, they switched the divisions around to accommodate covid protocols in both the US and Canada better, allowing all the Canadian teams to play each other. All 56 games are only played against divisional opponents. I don't like that, but I also get no say in the matter.

NHL-2021-Divisions.jpeg

Here is Vegas' schedule.

cut.jpg

However, it is an interesting realignment.

Yeah, I heard about the realignment awhile back. I don't really have a problem with it, though the Canadian teams absolutely screw themselves with travel and time zone issues.

Sounds like going to the games will be like the NFL- very little to nothing at first, followed by limited seating.

Yeah, I heard about the realignment awhile back. I don't really have a problem with it, though the Canadian teams absolutely screw themselves with travel and time zone issues.

Sounds like going to the games will be like the NFL- very little to nothing at first, followed by limited seating.
They haven't let us know for Blue Jackets games yet, but I'm interested to see how they do it

The East teams will have the easiest time traveling. Sucks for the North clubs but I get it; no international travel until the playoffs.

Gonna have some clubs reeeeeeally hating each other by the end of the season

Reactions: Me
hoping for an 8-0 run against the Baby Sharks as well as them not making the playoffs. That would be nice.

They haven't let us know for Blue Jackets games yet, but I'm interested to see how they do it
cut.jpg

fun fact, my dad doesn't really have a "team", but if there was one, it would EASILY be Columbus.

I don't know how I feel about these schedules.

I bet there will be a metric fuck ton of injuries though.

I guess they can guarantee a team from Canada in the third round.

Kings hoping for 4th or 8th in the West

Kings hoping for 4th or 8th in the West
lol. Idk if you are a fan of theirs or not, but no offense... but I think 8th is more likely than 4th. Probably end up fighting it out with the Ducks and Sharks.

lol. Idk if you are a fan of theirs or not, but no offense... but I think 8th is more likely than 4th. Probably end up fighting it out with the Ducks and Sharks.
I am a kings fan the wife is a Ducks fan
Kings , ducks and sharks all suck. But if one of them gets a 6 game win streak and someone good gets a 6 game lose streak maybe a shot at 4th in a shortened season. I have to believe that there is a chance. I know if it was 82 games, I would only cheer for loses, but with 56 I choose to live in a fantasy world until February

I am a kings fan the wife is a Ducks fan
Kings , ducks and sharks all suck. But if one of them gets a 6 game win streak and someone good gets a 6 game lose streak maybe a shot at 4th in a shortened season. I have to believe that there is a chance. I know if it was 82 games, I would only cheer for loses, but with 56 I choose to live in a fantasy world until February
Well here's to wishing :beer2:.

I think most are in agreement that Vegas, Colorado, and St Louis will be the top 3, but who knows. An injury in this season could change everything.

With that said, what are everyones opinions for the top 4 in each division? How do you think it will play out?

West - Vegas, Colorado, St Louis, Minnesota... (but again, last one is a toss up)
Central - Tampa, Dallas, Columbus, Carolina (I don't think those are stretches at all. Wouldn't be too surprised if Florida put something together tho)
East - Boston, Isles, Philly, Pitt (wouldn't mind seeing the Sabres finally make it though).

North - I think this is the toughest one to pick from. Not that they are the best, but that they are mostly close together. We can throw away Ottawa, they aren't making it, but I think a case could be made for the rest. I will go Edmonton, Toronto, Vancouver, and Calgary.

With that said, what are everyones opinions for the top 4 in each division? How do you think it will play out?

West - Vegas, Colorado, St Louis, Minnesota... (but again, last one is a toss up)
Central - Tampa, Dallas, Columbus, Carolina (I don't think those are stretches at all. Wouldn't be too surprised if Florida put something together tho)
East - Boston, Isles, Philly, Pitt (wouldn't mind seeing the Sabres finally make it though).

North - I think this is the toughest one to pick from. Not that they are the best, but that they are mostly close together. We can throw away Ottawa, they aren't making it, but I think a case could be made for the rest. I will go Edmonton, Toronto, Vancouver, and Calgary.

I've got Colorado winning the Presidents trophy this year. I f'n HATE saying that. I Hope VGK can knock them down a few pegs. I expect having three bad Cali teams in the division are going to inflate the Colorado, Vegas and St. Louis point totals. I've got Arizona as my 4th team in the West.

Central, most folks have the Wings pegged to the bottom, but I don't think that's going to happen. I don't think they have what it takes to make the playoffs, but I think the Wings could end up above Chicago and Nashville in the standings. Dallas is going to have to spend most of the season without Seguin and Bishop and Lightning without Kucherov. Lighting are deep enough to be a playoff team without Kuch, but I'm not so sure the Stars are without Seguin & Bishop. I've got Tampa in, but not emphatically like in recent years. I actually think Carolina takes the division. My other two in are the Blue Jackets and Panthers. Stars finish 5th.

East, I've tagged everyone to finish within 6 points in the standings of each other. Extremely tight top to bottom. Isles, Caps, Flyers, Rangers make it.

North will be another pretty tight division. Leafs, Oilers, Canucks, Jets in.

I've got Colorado winning the Presidents trophy this year. I f'n HATE saying that. I Hope VGK can knock them down a few pegs. I expect having three bad Cali teams in the division are going to inflate the Colorado, Vegas and St. Louis point totals. I've got Arizona as my 4th team in the West.
I flirted with Arizona as the 4th team too. Lol honestly, Colorado scares me the most even though Vegas' record against St Louis isn't great. Taking Colorado to be #1 and win the presidents isn't a stretch at all imo. I would agree lol.
Central, most folks have the Wings pegged to the bottom, but I don't think that's going to happen. I don't think they have what it takes to make the playoffs, but I think the Wings could end up above Chicago and Nashville in the standings.
That's a little bold. Not that it couldn't happen, just that Chicago and Nashville have had more life than the Wings the last few years and I haven't seen anything with the Wings that makes me think anything will change this year.
Dallas is going to have to spend most of the season without Seguin and Bishop and Lightning without Kucherov. Lighting are deep enough to be a playoff team without Kuch, but I'm not so sure the Stars are without Seguin & Bishop. I've got Tampa in, but not emphatically like in recent years. I actually think Carolina takes the division. My other two in are the Blue Jackets and Panthers. Stars finish 5th.
Nice pick. IIRC Seguin wasn't a big help in the playoffs last year and Dallas managed, so I think there is a fair chance they remain successful... how long, IDK. Obviously agree about Tampa, Columbus, and Carolina and I also mentioned Florida possibly getting in as well. Columbus is a team I always expect to be better the next season but they never measure up... idk.
East, I've tagged everyone to finish within 6 points in the standings of each other. Extremely tight top to bottom. Isles, Caps, Flyers, Rangers make it.
Isles are on the up. Flyers are solid and aren't going anywhere. Caps I wouldn't be shocked if they make it, but I also wouldn't be too shocked if they didn't... plus I like picking against the Caps to I took the Pens lol. Rangers... that one I don't see. They definitely have moments where they look solid, but then they have moments that make you go 'wtf was that'.

Thinking pretty low on Boston?
North will be another pretty tight division. Leafs, Oilers, Canucks, Jets in.
Yeah, like I also said, close division. I think a case could be made for any team not named Ottawa Senators lol.

I flirted with Arizona as the 4th team too. Lol honestly, Colorado scares me the most even though Vegas' record against St Louis isn't great. Taking Colorado to be #1 and win the presidents isn't a stretch at all imo. I would agree lol.

That's a little bold. Not that it couldn't happen, just that Chicago and Nashville have had more life than the Wings the last few years and I haven't seen anything with the Wings that makes me think anything will change this year.

Nice pick. IIRC Seguin wasn't a big help in the playoffs last year and Dallas managed, so I think there is a fair chance they remain successful... how long, IDK. Obviously agree about Tampa, Columbus, and Carolina and I also mentioned Florida possibly getting in as well. Columbus is a team I always expect to be better the next season but they never measure up... idk.

Isles are on the up. Flyers are solid and aren't going anywhere. Caps I wouldn't be shocked if they make it, but I also wouldn't be too shocked if they didn't... plus I like picking against the Caps to I took the Pens lol. Rangers... that one I don't see. They definitely have moments where they look solid, but then they have moments that make you go 'wtf was that'.

Thinking pretty low on Boston?

Yeah, like I also said, close division. I think a case could be made for any team not named Ottawa Senators lol.
Half the Wings roster was flipped this offseason - for the better. They're still not going to have great scoring punch, but it will be better from the forwards. The biggest change will be in their own zone; they replaced four defensemen and a goalie who shouldn't have been on NHL rosters last year with guys who can play NHL-level hockey and got DeKeyser back from injury.

Regarding the Blackhawks, I believe the Wings are in better shape than Chicago - especially if Toews misses significant time. I've got Chicago pegged last in the Central and Detroit & Nashville close for 6th. If the season was 82 games, I'd push Nashville 6th, but 56 isn't enough for separation.

It's not that I'm significantly low on Boston, I just think that division is going to be so close that good teams are going to end up on the outside looking in.