NHL sells naming rights to divisions

The NHL needs to worry about how to get on more televisions. Very frustrating that one must be reduced to either paying and arm/leg or find and illegal stream.

Really though, who controls the NHL network, that is ridiculously expensive.

Reactions: Me
The NHL needs to worry about how to get on more televisions. Very frustrating that one must be reduced to either paying and arm/leg or find and illegal stream.

Really though, who control the NHL network, that is ridiculously expensive.
I was unsuccessful finding the first Jackets game. Going to try again today. Wiping an old laptop, and hoping to just use that. If it gives me herpes, so be it... That's its sole purpose

I've been able to watch Flyers games on NBC Sports app on my Roku.

But only if the Caps aren't playing.

I was unsuccessful finding the first Jackets game. Going to try again today. Wiping an old laptop, and hoping to just use that. If it gives me herpes, so be it... That's its sole purpose

I've been able to watch Flyers games on NBC Sports app on my Roku.

But only if the Caps aren't playing.
That's what I mean and it has been that way for way too long. I understand that there are a lot of teams and a lot of games, but currently (according to ESPN) there are 8 games remaining today, NONE on national television. 2 of them are covered on ESPN+ so you have to have the app. But even with the app... there are only 2? Gimme a break here.

It really feels that NBCSN is the ONLY network that airs anything (around here at least). Unless there is a classic on, then regular NBC may pick it up, but this is ridiculous.

You want to make hockey more popular?? Well, you don't do that by making it impossible to watch!!!

Reactions: Me

Really though, who controls the NHL network, that is ridiculously expensive.
I don’t see the issue with access really. They have a subscription service and they have deals with NBC and ESPN (plus). The majority of people nowadays aren’t on cable and use a streaming service, so both of these options are easily available with any streaming device.

That's what I mean and it has been that way for way too long. I understand that there are a lot of teams and a lot of games, but currently (according to ESPN) there are 8 games remaining today, NONE on national television. 2 of them are covered on ESPN+ so you have to have the app. But even with the app... there are only 2? Gimme a break here.

It really feels that NBCSN is the ONLY network that airs anything (around here at least). Unless there is a classic on, then regular NBC may pick it up, but this is ridiculous.

You want to make hockey more popular?? Well, you don't do that by making it impossible to watch!!!
I’m not sure what you mean by saying “only two are available”. That’s any sport dude. On any given night, you can’t get MLB games anywhere except TBS. ESPN gets their game nights, but it’s not like you can tune into 15 baseball games a night. If anything, with one game being on NBCSN and 2 on ESPN+, having 3 games all going on after 7 pm isn’t bad at all. You need to provide value to the subscription services as well, so making a bunch of games available on networks (NHL network will show a game a night too...) is counter productive .