NL Manager of the Year nominees.

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,713.00
Are you fucking kidding me?
5CFA49EE-FED0-4009-84A4-2936FDF2FC4A.jpeg

How is Thompson not a nominee?

Two on there were expected to be the two best teams in the NL, they were. The other blew a 10.5 game division lead.

Thompson took over a team headed nowhere fast and turned them around and broke an 11 year playoff drought

How is Thompson not a nominee?

Two on there were expected to be the two best teams in the NL, they were. The other blew a 10.5 game division lead.

Thompson took over a team headed nowhere fast and turned them around and broke an 11 year playoff drought

And they still won 24 more games than last year. That's still a huge turnaround.

And they still won 24 more games than last year. That's still a huge turnaround.
It’s a huge turnaround, but that last series of the season against the Braves where he got swept with deGrom and Scherzer going should disqualify. Phillies were 8 games under .500 when Thompson took over, Harper got hurt and missed two months, they rallied to grab a WC spot when their season looked over in May

Are interims disqualified? Only reason I can think that Thomson isn't on the list.

Apparently these nominations are taken before the postseason starts?

That still doesn’t explain it fully since Thompson turned them around big time and through some tough injury stretches.

It just further negates the importance of this award to me. Plus side to all of this….Topper don’t care about some award like this.

Some dopes will pick one of these three, but most know who NL MOY was.

You don't exactly blow a lead when you play .600 ball after the all-star break. It's just that the other team chasing them played .700 ball during the same stretch.

If Atlanta hadn't crapped the bed so badly in the spring they would have lead wire-to-wire

You don't exactly blow a lead when you play .600 ball after the all-star break. It's just that the other team chasing them played .700 ball during the same stretch.

If Atlanta hadn't crapped the bed so badly in the spring they would have lead wire-to-wire
The Mets didn’t collapse, no doubt, but when you just need one win and you’ve got your 1-2-3 in rotation going and you get swept, you’re gonna get some criticism

The Mets didn’t collapse, no doubt, but when you just need one win and you’ve got your 1-2-3 in rotation going and you get swept, you’re gonna get some criticism
I'd be more pissed about losing the wild card round to the Padres

If baseball weren't dead

If playoffs were a factor, I doubt any of the 3 would have made the final cut

Agree with you about Roberts and Snitker. I think Showalter did a pretty good job with a lesser-talented team than the Dodgers or Braves. But, choking at home to a team that finished 10 games back does not equal MOY.

This is what Buck does. He's the new Dusty Baker.

Agree with you about Roberts and Snitker. I think Showalter did a pretty good job with a lesser-talented team than the Dodgers or Braves. But, choking at home to a team that finished 10 games back does not equal MOY.

This is what Buck does. He's the new Dusty Baker.
You can say lesser talented than the Braves, but the Mets payroll was significantly higher than the Braves.

But even with playoffs not being a factor, I don’t know how it isn’t Thompson

Absolutely agree. Heckuva turnaround and a great post season run. Who do they have besides Bryce Harper?

Zack Wheeler and Aaron Nola?