Series Thread NLDS Braves vs Brewers

This conveniently left off walks, and I'm too lazy to look it up, but maybe Will Smith has found his groove at the right time.

This conveniently left off walks, and I'm too lazy to look it up, but maybe Will Smith has found his groove at the right time.

6 walks

3 Vs SD On 9/26
2 Vs Philly on 9/28
1 Vs Brewers on 10/9

They also left off that 10th game before where blew save

He was already up there, but that put Freddie as one of the all time Brave greats. Obviously you have Hank, but #2 is up for grabs. Chipper is up there, but man, what Freddie has done now…

He was already up there, but that put Freddie as one of the all time Brave greats. Obviously you have Hank, but #2 is up for grabs. Chipper is up there, but man, what Freddie has done now…
You also have the big 3. And if you include Milwaukee, Warren Spahn and Eddie Mathews.

But Chipper is the only Brave I'd say is more beloved than Freddie that has played in my lifetime.

Hank will always be the face of the franchise, and rightfully so.

I don’t think Freddie is gonna catch Chipper. Chipper was the fucking man and had like 10 straight years of 30HR 100 RBIs. Freddie can definitely be #3

I don’t think Freddie is gonna catch Chipper. Chipper was the fucking man and had like 10 straight years of 30HR 100 RBIs. Freddie can definitely be #3
Chipper at age 40 was basically what Derek Jeter was in his prime. Chipper had a great peak and was a productive hitter until the day he retired. That kind of longevity is rare, especially for a switch hitter still being good from both sides of the plate. And Chipper left money on the table numerous times and volunteered to move to left field to make room for Vinny Castilla(though in hindsight, I wish he wouldn’t have. Castilla sucked away from Coors and that lead to a lot of leg issues for Chipper that kept him from 500 homers and 3000 hits).

Love Freddie, but Chipper is still my all time favorite player and I doubt anyone ever passes him

Chipper is really the only guy I think I put ahead of him right now. The big 3 was huge, but it was 3 of them, not 1. Maybe I’m wrong, so someone please correct me, I don’t think Chipper ever had that big of a hit. A shot to basically win the series. If Freddie is able to win a WS, I think he moves ahead of him. Atleast in my mind. Obviously still a long way to go.

Chipper is really the only guy I think I put ahead of him right now. The big 3 was huge, but it was 3 of them, not 1. Maybe I’m wrong, so someone please correct me, I don’t think Chipper ever had that big of a hit. A shot to basically win the series. If Freddie is able to win a WS, I think he moves ahead of him. Atleast in my mind. Obviously still a long way to go.
Of the big 3, Smoltz was the most loved, he stayed the longest and he was one of the best postseason pitchers of all time. He has a case

Chipper at age 40 was basically what Derek Jeter was in his prime. Chipper had a great peak and was a productive hitter until the day he retired. That kind of longevity is rare, especially for a switch hitter still being good from both sides of the plate. And Chipper left money on the table numerous times and volunteered to move to left field to make room for Vinny Castilla(though in hindsight, I wish he wouldn’t have. Castilla sucked away from Coors and that lead to a lot of leg issues for Chipper that kept him from 500 homers and 3000 hits).

Love Freddie, but Chipper is still my all time favorite player and I doubt anyone ever passes him
Chipper was hurt the last half of his career. All because we moved him to the OF for fucking Vinny Castilla

Of the big 3, Smoltz was the most loved, he stayed the longest and he was one of the best postseason pitchers of all time. He has a case
He definitely does. Especially doing it as both a closer and starter. Atleast in my mind, i still barely put Freddie ahead of him. And it’s no contest if he wins a WS

I think Acuna will eventually end up being the best player(not named Hank) to wear a Braves uniform but he isn’t gonna be here long enough because we aren’t gonna pay him what he is worth on his next contract

this thread has more posts in it than all the other playoff threads combined

hoopla nation's baseball board is BRAVES COUNTRY

Lakers Deal With It GIF

I think Acuna will eventually end up being the best player(not named Hank) to wear a Braves uniform but he isn’t gonna be here long enough because we aren’t gonna pay him what he is worth on his next contract
His grand slam shot against Buehler already puts him high on the list with everything else he’s done. It going to depend on what other opportunities he gets and how long he stays

I just can’t get over the greatness of that Freddie AB. Hader is almost unhittable by lefties and Freddie took him deep with everything on the line.

Good news for Brewers is Burnes should be rested for his next start

Congrats, Barves fans.

Good news for Brewers is Burnes should be rested for his next start
Yeah I kind felt like that backfired for us starting Morton tonight. He wasn't near as good as he was in game 1. But we hit well enough against their bullpen to pull it out. Thursday would have been rough if we didn't.

i just noticed that geek Jeff Passan refuses to refer to the Braves by their nickname