Official AEW thread

Great pop, awesome moment. But why was he out there for about 4 minutes? Rest of show was not good and they could’ve given Punk a solid 20 minutes to shoot.

4 minutes? The first 20 minutes of the show was him.

4 minutes? The first 20 minutes of the show was him.
Does this include the commercial break? Maybe it only felt like 4 minutes because i was hoping for so much more. I have been waiting for CM Punk with a microphone for 7 years. I would have been fine if he got the entire hour to just shoot on wrestling and the WWE.

I sure hope they are slowly brewing a shocking CM Punk heel turn or something. This “Thank you! You’re all great!” Over the top appreciation for the fans, AEW and the roster is hopefully not the new Punk.

he genuinely seems appreciative and seems to be enjoying his new company and position, which is great for him, but I think that would make it all the better if he somehow turned heel.
CM Punk needs a chip on his shoulder. It’s what makes him shine. Right now it feels like he is perfectly content. His whole career has been having a chip on his shoulder and it elevated him like no other.

I sure hope they are slowly brewing a shocking CM Punk heel turn or something. This “Thank you! You’re all great!” Over the top appreciation for the fans, AEW and the roster is hopefully not the new Punk.

he genuinely seems appreciative and seems to be enjoying his new company and position, which is great for him, but I think that would make it all the better if he somehow turned heel.
CM Punk needs a chip on his shoulder. It’s what makes him shine. Right now it feels like he is perfectly content. His whole career has been having a chip on his shoulder and it elevated him like no other.

Lol. He's been back for a week. Give it time.

Lol. He's been back for a week. Give it time.
I'm curious how his match at All Out will go. Got to imagine he goes over, but I wonder if it's clean. Allin obviously is a young star and they'll want to protect him, just really curious how that match ends.

Admittedly I have not been following AEW storylines prior to Punk's arrival, but you could have someone like Moxley interfere and the explanation being he's put in work at AEW long before Punk arrived and then Punk arrived and suddenly he gets all this attention and everything seems to revolve around him now. It would be a way and explanation to get Punk into storylines with bigger names.

I sure do hope we get an Omega vs CM Punk storyline.

I tune into AEW for Punk, but Kenny Omega is awesome.

I sure do hope we get an Omega vs CM Punk storyline.

I tune into AEW for Punk, but Kenny Omega is awesome.

Too early.

Plus, Omega's next big program will probably be with Hangman. That's been a 2 year long slowbuild story but they had to pause it this past month because Hangman's first child was due.

I watched AEW Countdown show to All Out last night. What an impressively produced show and I like this set up AEW does. It's got a little bit of a documentary build to it. I like how AEW approaches pro-wrestling. They keep true to the storylines and the kayfabe of all pro-wrestling is, but at the same time they also approach it with a little bit of pulling the curtain back and acknowledging what pro-wrestling really is. They do a good job of that and it's definitely a different style.

I watched AEW Countdown show to All Out last night. What an impressively produced show and I like this set up AEW does. It's got a little bit of a documentary build to it. I like how AEW approaches pro-wrestling. They keep true to the storylines and the kayfabe of all pro-wrestling is, but at the same time they also approach it with a little bit of pulling the curtain back and acknowledging what pro-wrestling really is. They do a good job of that and it's definitely a different style.

They typically post a lot of that stuff to their Youtube page if you're into it

You see the show tonight @OregonDucks because it was fucking awesome

Unfortunately I didn't see it. Read about it and it sounded like a solid PPV and AEW continuing to pick up some major guys. Next has got to be Bray Wyatt.

Check it out here. But act fast because it won't stay up long. Show is broken up into four parts. The other links are in the video profile sidebar on the site.

Everything is well worth watching start to finish

IMO Kenny Omega has the chance to be a mega star heel. I know he was good in NJPW, but I feel he has yet to reach those heights in AEW, but I think once he gets there, he will be absolutely amazing. I thoroughly enjoy Omega and am glad to see he is currently the champion.

A Punk/Omega feud would be awesome, unless they turn Punk heel to try and balance out the faces and heels, because it seems right now there are a ton of faces and not as many top heels.

I hope they are careful with The Elite stable, it seems it is getting extremely close to a stable that gets too large and becomes being part of every aspect of the show. It reminds me of WCW days with nWo and then that trickled into TNA with Main Event Mafia. Great stables are used sparingly and not to be over flooded on TV, so I worry The Elite gets too big.

It may be too early right now, especially since you now have so many big names coming into the company, but I would love to see The Young Bucks go singles. They got the feel of The Rockers and I am waiting for one of them to pull a Shawn Michaels type turn and have an HBK type run.

Watched Dynamite this week, I will tell you what, this promotion is going to be damn good. You can see it and hear it when the wrestlers talk, these guys thoroughly enjoy being PRO-WRESTLERS, not sports entertainers.

I do hope they figure out what to do with Punk soon, I am on board with Tazz in that i am tired of this happy Punk who just embraces the fanfare. But I hope they dont just use him to promote and put over the younger guys. I hope they get him into a good invested feud because that is where Punk shines.

But credit to AEW, they put on intriguing shows, for the first time since July 2011, during Summer of Punk, I am actually tuned in and looking forward to a weekly wrestling show.

Watching Rampage now, show needs to be 2 hrs and live every week.

so next week Dynamite is going to be enormous.

Yep. Rampage next week as well (2hrs instead of one). AEW does this from time to time where they essentially have free PPVs. They only do 4 PPVs a year so every so often, they do a special edition of Dynamite show that they treat like a PPV by loading it up with big matches

I have a feeling they are doing a very slow build to an eventual CM Punk heel turn. If I remember correctly in either some documentary I watched or some article I read Punk enjoys being a heel and prefers it. This CM Punk embracing the love and fans and almost being way too over the top lovey dovey, I think is a very slow burn to an eventual heel turn that will be maybe Hogan nWo like. Well, maybe not that level because people may see it coming, but it'll be huge.

Right now AEW may be heel heavy, but there are so many big names now on the roster that AEW can really put over their younger guys by turning some of the veterans heels. If Punk can turn into a legit heel imagine how he could elevate a guy like Allin, or some of these younger stars. As a face he can't really put over the younger heels. But in order to make a realistic Punk heel turn you got to let him soak in this fanfare and have him express how much he loves it and the fans eat it up and praise him. It'll be interesting.

This might finally be coming lol

I have a feeling they are doing a very slow build to an eventual CM Punk heel turn. If I remember correctly in either some documentary I watched or some article I read Punk enjoys being a heel and prefers it. This CM Punk embracing the love and fans and almost being way too over the top lovey dovey, I think is a very slow burn to an eventual heel turn that will be maybe Hogan nWo like. Well, maybe not that level because people may see it coming, but it'll be huge.

Right now AEW may be heel heavy, but there are so many big names now on the roster that AEW can really put over their younger guys by turning some of the veterans heels. If Punk can turn into a legit heel imagine how he could elevate a guy like Allin, or some of these younger stars. As a face he can't really put over the younger heels. But in order to make a realistic Punk heel turn you got to let him soak in this fanfare and have him express how much he loves it and the fans eat it up and praise him. It'll be interesting.

I agree.

I think it’s coming soon.

Just not sure how after what happened