One of those nights...

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,256.00
It had been one hell of a week.....Decided last night, given that it was Friday, that I was going to relax and have myself a drink. Well, the combination of a busy exhausting week, followed by not having any alcohol consumption for a solid week or two, and the excitement that it was Friday and we were just starting the weekend, that buzz came quickly and boy howdy was I feeling good very quickly. Then the bad choices of deciding to have more drinks after more drinks I was loving life and I do remember gleefully texting on my phone to all sorts of contacts. In the moment I remember it being fun and having a good time. I passed out and woke up this morning and realized, wtf was I doing? I am looking back at these messages and I don't know what I was saying, why I found it funny at the time, some of these people I haven't spoken to in years.

It had been one hell of a week.....Decided last night, given that it was Friday, that I was going to relax and have myself a drink. Well, the combination of a busy exhausting week, followed by not having any alcohol consumption for a solid week or two, and the excitement that it was Friday and we were just starting the weekend, that buzz came quickly and boy howdy was I feeling good very quickly. Then the bad choices of deciding to have more drinks after more drinks I was loving life and I do remember gleefully texting on my phone to all sorts of contacts. In the moment I remember it being fun and having a good time. I passed out and woke up this morning and realized, wtf was I doing? I am looking back at these messages and I don't know what I was saying, why I found it funny at the time, some of these people I haven't spoken to in years.

Do you ever go back and look at your pre-game threads and wonder same?

Wait until Oregon gets pummeled during their B1G gauntlet.

IMG_9793.jpeg

I wonder what it'd be like to have never won 5 natties.

Do you wonder what it'd be like to win just one?
It's coming and at the expense of your conference. Oregon joining just meant Nebraska is forever going to be one place lower in the B1G.

It's coming and at the expense of your conference. Oregon joining just meant Nebraska is forever going to be one place lower in the B1G.

Nebraska is (1-1) against Oregon in the last 8 years.

There's not many P5 teams Nebraska can say that about.

Nebraska is (1-1) against Oregon in the last 8 years.

There's not many P5 teams Nebraska can say that about.
Congrats on getting us on the last play of the game on our worst year in 25 years.

Congrats on being 50th in all-time college football wins.
Would you rather be a current top program with a very bright future or a program that had it's glory days 30 years ago slowly drowning in the current landscape of college football?

Would you rather be a current top program with a very bright future or a program that had it's glory days 30 years ago slowly drowning in the current landscape of college football?

Sure thing, Confidante.

You sure count a lot of chickens before they hatch.

Hence me asking..... "Do you ever go back and look at your pre-game threads and wonder same?"

I got your text, just hadnt responded yet.

Yes, I'll meet you at Applebees for lunch today. But no talking about the ducks this time, I'm tired of hearing it