Ongoing Hurricane Season Thread

I'd be OK with one of these damn hurricanes making it's way up the east coast and giving southern NH a few solid days of downpours. Fucking dry as a bone around here this summer and on that note I'm gonna go outside to water that 1,000-1,500sq' of lawn I'm trying to grow.

Last edited:

New look out New Orleans!

I’nt going to New Orleans after all. Not direct anyway. I have seen some shots of the lakefront already taking flooding though.

This storm is odd. Thought it was going to barrel into shit strong. But this might end up being like a Harvey event. Just laying off and dumping rain.

Sally....that bitch.

My dad just told me 97% of Baldwin County, Alabama lost power. Anyone have family down there?

Get prepped Texas. Might be a mess coming up to you from the BOC by early to mid next week.

And if not TX than LA,MS,AL.

Read that the Florabama was still standing, I couldn't hardly believe it because it didn't look too substantial last time I was there but that was a long time ago.

I was thinking about changing my florida route this year to going through Memphis and staying a couple of nights in the panhandle of Florida off I10.

Don't guess I'll do that now for sure, go back through Nashville and Atlanta like usual.

Read that the Florabama was still standing, I couldn't hardly believe it because it didn't look too substantial last time I was there but that was a long time ago.

I was thinking about changing my florida route this year to going through Memphis and staying a couple of nights in the panhandle of Florida off I10.

Don't guess I'll do that now for sure, go back through Nashville and Atlanta like usual.
If you’re not coming in the next 2-3 weeks that route should be fine. I-10 will be clear through. Off the beaten path there will still be damage and flooding in a few weeks, but things will go on in most places.

Im guessing you want to stay somewhere like P-cola or Panama City? Not sure about that. But I-10 is probably already clear and anything Tallahassee and East for a stop over will be fine.

If you’re not coming in the next 2-3 weeks that route should be fine. I-10 will be clear through. Off the beaten path there will still be damage and flooding in a few weeks, but things will go on in most places.

Im guessing you want to stay somewhere like P-cola or Panama City? Not sure about that. But I-10 is probably already clear and anything Tallahassee and East for a stop over will be fine.
There were a few places on the beach I was wanting to try (one or the other). I mean campgrounds right on the beach. They're on highway 98, nearest town is Carrabelle, Florida. Looks like it's about 200 miles east of Pensacola so maybe it's alright. I figured that the storm surge might have taken some stuff out though.

Never heard of Carabelle. But I just read up on it. Saw one news report about worries of flooding in that county, but no follow up.

200 miles east of P-cola has to be better at least. This area was CRUSHED by Michael a few years back. Pensacola was fine.

Of course they were a different kind of storm.

And just like that we’ve rushed into the Greek alphabet today. Alpha is a small nothing about to run into Portugal, and Beta just got named in the gulf.

Sounds like a pushover of a storm.....

Reactions: Me