Orioles acquire Corbin Burnes from Milwaukee

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 70,092.00
Nice add.

But that’s a lot for a rental. Giving the #34 pick also.

Been a great pitcher for a few years. I can't scoff at the deal, though.

That pick is a cherry.

I see a lot of sad comments from Brewers fans, but after they settle down, they will realize it's pretty decent.

I see a lot of sad comments from Brewers fans, but after they settle down, they will realize it's pretty decent.
Rotation definitely seems sketchy now.

Subtracting Woodruff and Burnes cant really be a confidence boost to the fan base.

Rotation definitely seems sketchy now.

Subtracting Woodruff and Burnes cant really be a confidence boost to the fan base.

I think Woody is still a FA.

I think they will resign him, unless his shoulder is still fucked.

I think Woody is still a FA.

I think they will resign him, unless his shoulder is still fucked.
Guess I just assumed he was going elsewhere.

It's a solid return for the Brewers IMO, but it's great for the O's given their need for starting pitching and they could more than afford to part with Ortiz. I like him as a prospect, but there's no real path for him to significant playing time in Baltimore given Henderson/Holliday/Urias/Mateo/Westburg. Even the outfield is pretty settled with Hays/Mullins/Santander.

If Grayson Rodriguez can pick up from where he left off after getting recalled from AAA and Bradish can pitch in line with his 2023 FIP/xFIP, that can be a pretty good 1-2-3 and Kremer would make for a pretty good #4. As for Burnes, what is there to say other than that he's been one of the best pitchers in MLB the last three years? He did have a relatively slow start in 2023, but he had a very strong second half that also saw his strikeout rate return to 2021-22 form. I'd say the bigger question is whether they can reach an extension so it's more than just a rental.

Last edited:
Sad A Christmas Story GIF by filmeditor

Good trade for both but I like it better for the Orioles even though they may "lose" the trade overall in the long term. This is exactly the kind of thing that the Orioles needed to do in their situation. Burnes is a difference maker right now.

I hope he stays. I like that guy.

Otherwise the Brewers pitching staff is gonna go from A+ to B.
If Woody plays at all this year, it would be at the very end of the season. The main reason the Brewers let him walk to FA without giving him a contract was because they knew he wouldn't play.

No Woody and Burnes makes the starting the rotation average at best. Matt Arnold is gonna have to work some swift magic to minimize the damage done by losing both guys or 2024 will likely be a non-playoff season.

Good trade for both but I like it better for the Orioles even though they may "lose" the trade overall in the long term. This is exactly the kind of thing that the Orioles needed to do in their situation. Burnes is a difference maker right now.

If any team can afford to overpay with an infield prospect, it's them. They're absolutely loaded and it may not even affect them in the long run.