Packers get Fucked

I've got some confidence Love can be a good starting QB. He's had a healthy amount of development time under an MVP in a good system and he doesn't need to carry the team on his back from day 1; he just needs to do his job. He was put in the best possible position to succeed.
all you packer fans look the same to me, so I think we've talked before, but I feel like he can be a solid tier 2 QB

(Cousins, Prescott, etc)

all you packer fans look the same to me, so I think we've talked before, but I feel like he can be a solid tier 2 QB

(Cousins, Prescott, etc)
Yeah, we have. And I agree that Prescott is a pretty good comparison of potential from what we've seen from Love thus far.

I've got some confidence Love can be a good starting QB. He's had a healthy amount of development time under an MVP in a good system and he doesn't need to carry the team on his back from day 1; he just needs to do his job. He was put in the best possible position to succeed.
Maybe, let's hope so. Most of the time when I've seen him, he looks like a QB from a place like Utah St.

But you bring up a good point. Maybe the same effect that gave the world Matt Cassel, Jimmy Garoppolo, Jacoby Brissett and uh... Brian Hoyer, under the Patriots can produce a viable leader.

Yeah, we have. And I agree that Prescott is a pretty good comparison of potential from what we've seen from Love thus far.
I think that LaFleur has tried to develop an offense that is less QB dependent. Love doesn't need to be Favre or Rodgers.

Nah, I'm not even convinced Love is NFL career backup-caliber. That's okay though, we've had 30 years of dependable & very good, if head case at times, quarterbacks. The Packers were due for some mediocrity, so if they have some Matt Leinarts and Jacoby Brissetts for 2-3 years, I'm cool with it.
I'd be happy to be wrong

Maybe, let's hope so. Most of the time when I've seen him, he looks like a QB from a place like Utah St.

But you bring up a good point. Maybe the same effect that gave the world Matt Cassel, Jimmy Garoppolo, Jacoby Brissett and uh... Brian Hoyer, under the Patriots can produce a viable leader.
Keep in mind that Cassel and Hoyer greatly over-performed expectations in relation to draft position. Jimmy G and Jacoby B were drafted to be backups and are still low-level starters/decent backups. Jordan Love - on the other hand - was universally scouted to have a much higher ceiling than any of those cited QBs and was drafted in the first round to be developed as a future starter. Time will tell if the Packers' plan worked, but just pointing out that it's not exactly an apples-to-apples comparison.

We wear cheese hats while Bears fans kiss our fat asses in the park.

...Hell, Steelers fans too!

108870499.jpg

:finger:
tumblr_md9aoasQJP1rdutw3o1_400.gif

Keep in mind that Cassel and Hoyer greatly over-performed expectations in relation to draft position. Jimmy G and Jacoby B were drafted to be backups and are still low-level starters/decent backups. Jordan Love - on the other hand - was universally scouted to have a much higher ceiling than any of those cited QBs and was drafted in the first round to be developed as a future starter. Time will tell if the Packers' plan worked, but just pointing out that it's not exactly an apples-to-apples comparison.
All of NE's QBs overperformed, tbh. It's statistically unlikely that so many of them ended up as high-level backups or low-end starter caliber. Put it down to coaching or perhaps great scouting.

Yes, it's not fair to judge a guy on one start, some preseason and some mop-up duty under a HoFer. But while I'm not detecting an Akili Smith / Trey Lance level of bust, I haven't seen much to get excited about. When Aaron Rodgers was being kept on the bench under Favre, it wasn't the same situation- the guy looked more than capable, even good.

All of NE's QBs overperformed, tbh. It's statistically unlikely that so many of them ended up as high-level backups or low-end starter caliber. Put it down to coaching or perhaps great scouting.

Yes, it's not fair to judge a guy on one start, some preseason and some mop-up duty under a HoFer. But while I'm not detecting an Akili Smith / Trey Lance level of bust, I haven't seen much to get excited about. When Aaron Rodgers was being kept on the bench under Favre, it wasn't the same situation- the guy looked more than capable, even good.
Rose colored glasses. Rodgers was a typical project qb. The 3 years on the bench gave him time to learn NFL football. His greatest quality was his brain.

Rose colored glasses. Rodgers was a typical project qb. The 3 years on the bench gave him time to learn NFL football. His greatest quality was his brain.
Disagree. He looked like he had talent early, and Favre's presence wasn't giving him the opportunity to justify the high pick. Love looks like nothing special, by comparison. Like @RP-29, I hope I wrong, but as I said GB is due for some mediocrity at the position.

Last NFC North team fan that compared his shitty QB to Dak is still getting made fun of.