Padres

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,256.00
There terrible season makes no sense. Bob Melvin is a successful manager, they had a loaded roster that they have paid a lot for and yet they are on the verge of what feels like a lost season before the All-Star break.

I read a comment on another thread from one of our smarter posters that the San Diego fanbase barely supports the team.

The Pads are trying to buy a championship. I'm elated that their plan is failing. Same with the Mets.

The Pads are trying to buy a championship. I'm elated that their plan is failing. Same with the Mets.
It really makes no sense how they are as bad as they are. Melvin was a successful manager in Oakland with far less talent, these guys just got swept by the Pirates. Their season may be over before the All-Star break, I dont think they can recover

They are the West Coast version of the Mets.

Doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. Everyone saw the Mets falling off from a mile away, but the Padres surprise me.

It's not like they were amazing last year... 89-73, just enough to make the playoffs. Bogaerts has been solid (108 OPS+ but his power numbers continue to decline. Machado's looked a little better since coming off the IL, but still not great. Cronenworth's bat has regressed and while his numbers wouldn't be so bad if he was still at 2nd, they're downright bad for someone playing mostly 1st. Nola has a 28 OPS+. Carpenter looks like's used up all his Yankee Pixie Dust and looks toast. Tatis and Soto have been carrying that offense and it's still only 11th. Pitching's been good even with Darvish struggling. They have underperformed their pythag by a good margin (43-38), 5-14 in one run games is pretty unfortunate. I don't think they're toast, but 8 games out of the WC is a hole.

It's not like they were amazing last year... 89-73, just enough to make the playoffs. Bogaerts has been solid (108 OPS+ but his power numbers continue to decline. Machado's looked a little better since coming off the IL, but still not great. Cronenworth's bat has regressed and while his numbers wouldn't be so bad if he was still at 2nd, they're downright bad for someone playing mostly 1st. Nola has a 28 OPS+. Carpenter looks like's used up all his Yankee Pixie Dust and looks toast. Tatis and Soto have been carrying that offense and it's still only 11th. Pitching's been good even with Darvish struggling. They have underperformed their pythag by a good margin (43-38), 5-14 in one run games is pretty unfortunate. I don't think they're toast, but 8 games out of the WC is a hole.

But last year they went to the ALCS....This year right now the team seems and feels lost, almost like Melvin has completely lost the dugout. They don't seem to care.

They blew another game yesterday. I don't see how they keep this group together. Far too much money for such a terrible record, or do they make a change with Melvin? He clearly can't get these stars to work together.

Padres could be in some real trouble financially. Read that they could be losing their tv contract revenue stream this year

I read a comment on another thread from one of our smarter posters that the San Diego fanbase barely supports the team.
paul-mooney.gif

Padres could be in some real trouble financially. Read that they could be losing their tv contract revenue stream this year
They seem to fill the park every day, but there are other sources of revenue. I really thought the Padres would challenge the Dodgers for the Division, and the Diamondbacks with challenge the Giants and Rockies for the basement. Moral of the story ... I am not the Guru I think I am.

"The Padres have so much talent and can't win shit and I'm absolutely shocked!!!" - seemingly intelligent posters :L