PGA Tour and LIV have merged

Now is when the PGA Tour regrets trying to make the LIV tour out to be "the Saudi terrorist league".

They must have made them an offer they couldn't refuse....

Iron Sheik Win GIF

Watching golf is just as pretentious as playing golf. Hard pass

Now is when the PGA Tour regrets trying to make the LIV tour out to be "the Saudi terrorist league".
From what I'm reading the Saudis pretty much bought them out and control golf now. It's going to be a for-profit organization so they will be able to do whatever they want.

Be ready for the Dubia Open being pushed as a major.

Watching golf is just as pretentious as playing golf. Hard pass
Watching golf is boring as shit. Playing depends on how you do it. If you and the boys have a big cooler full of beer and booze on the cart, it can be fun. Me and my military buddies may or may not have been kicked off of several courses :biggrin:.

Watching golf is boring as shit. Playing depends on how you do it. If you and the boys have a big cooler full of beer and booze on the cart, it can be fun. Me and my military buddies may or may not have been kicked off of several courses :biggrin:.
All the courses around here are private. You have to dress up like a jackass and you can’t bring your own cooler. One of my best friends had to kick my party out the last time I played golf(I had just gotten my license, and our English neighbor threw a tantrum and got us all kicked out, me, my dad and my older cousin left his ass and he had to call a taxi to get home)

Good day for golf fans. But imagine not taking all that money before as a player because of "morals". Only to now still be backed by the Saudis
Anyone checked on Rory today? Skipped the giant payday, playing like ass, and now ends up part of LIV anyways. DERP.

well this might change who I see at the Ryder Cup in Sept...

From what I'm reading the Saudis pretty much bought them out and control golf now. It's going to be a for-profit organization so they will be able to do whatever they want.

Be ready for the Dubia Open being pushed as a major.

Eh, I doubt much changes. From what I'm reading, the Saudis are basically just the largest investor, not a controlling interest. PGA Tour will control the majority of the board and appointments though a couple of the Saudis are now on the board. Could the money be enough to where they control every decision despite minority status? In theory, sure but I doubt there will be any major shift in events and structure that the PGA wouldn't already do if this deal never existed. A couple more tour dates in the Persian Gulf? Sure, but things were trending that way before LIV ever existed. There will be more world events, not just in the Gulf, but again, that was the direction it was gonna trend anyway. That's where the money is, growing the game globally. The Saudis just made sure they get a piece of that pie now.

LIV was dead in the water. No one gave a shit about it despite all the investment. My guess is LIV will be phased out over the next few years. PIF just kept throwing money on the table until the PGA could no longer say no. This is where the Tour players have a right to be pissed because the PGA just did what the told their members not to do when LIV was trying to lure away players