Playoffs need to extend to at least 8 teams

I'm coming around to this idea too. My only concern is the total # of games (mins) players would have to play, but that could be addressed by coaches along the way.

I'm coming around to this idea too. My only concern is the total # of games (mins) players would have to play, but that could be addressed by coaches along the way.
Cut back to 11 Game Regular Season Schedule. NO FCS in the Regular Season, but 1 FCS pre-season game that does not count in record book or stats in August to help those schools, eliminate Divisions and have top 2 teams from each conference play in their Championship Games. With that, 8 would work with 1 game on campus, semis on NYD in Bowl sites and Championship Game 1+ week later like now.

I've been calling for an expansion for years.

A Cincy win would certainly help make the case.

I've been calling for an expansion for years.

A Cincy win would certainly help make the case.
Why? UCF (11-0) beating Auburn (who beat two #1 teams during the year) was much more significant than this game. Didn't make a dent then, and will not make a dent now. That being said, I support 8 with a G5 rep.

Why? UCF (11-0) beating Auburn (who beat two #1 teams during the year) was much more significant than this game.
Tired of seeing good teams like Cincy left with no shot.

Cincy loses, but they made it a game against a purple blood.

Whole buncha gay up in here

This is why you wait until after a game is over to make knee jerk reactions.

I would be fine if they got rid of the committee, gave the 5 P5 conferences each an auto-champion bid, then invited 3 teams. If you want to give the best G5 an auto-bid, that's fine with me. It would at least be a playoff instead of the invitational we have now.

I would be fine if they got rid of the committee, gave the 5 P5 conferences each an auto-champion bid, then invited 3 teams. If you want to give the best G5 an auto-bid, that's fine with me. It would at least be a playoff instead of the invitational we have now.
The committee sucks. Humans have their biases. Regardless of number of teams, I'd rather a computer pick non auto bids than the committee.

If we go to 8, I'd like to see some rules with autobids, like 3 or more losses for a conference champ means no auto bid, and for a G5 autobid, a max of one loss to qualify.

To give chance to teams like Cincinnati to play in it.

A chance to what, get trucked like Georgia did against the only playoff opponent they played.

Since the playoffs started the G5 teams are 3-3 playing P5 teams ranked in the bottom of the top 10 in their NY6 bowl. Those P5 teams are a combined 2-9 vs playoff teams...the only two wins are by 2017 Auburn, who went 2-2 that year vs playoff teams.

Cincy had a shot at the playoffs in 2019, scheduling #2 Ohio State(a playoff team), but managed to get their ass kicked 42-0, yet somehow this year they are a contender...GTFO with that garbage. They are the same caliber team this year, except they squeaked by the next best team in the AAC, rather than losing a squeaker like they did last year. They would get trucked by any of the playoff teams.

I’d be fine with it even though I think 4 teams is fine. I dont think there should be a G5 automatic though and I don’t like 5 conference winners getting in. Same criteria as this 4 team playoff except expand to 8 imo

We've yet found 4 teams that deserve to be there. Expanding to 8 would be ridiculous and just cause more bitching by teams that didn't get in and didn't have a chance to win anyway.

These games would have to be seeded so you would see Alabama and Clemson skull fucking Cincinnati and Oregon.

I’d be fine with it even though I think 4 teams is fine. I dont think there should be a G5 automatic though and I don’t like 5 conference winners getting in. Same criteria as this 4 team playoff except expand to 8 imo
I'd be fine with this IF...emphasis on the IF...we could get enough good OOC matchups between the P5 conferences to get some good comparison numbers. We don't get enough of those IMO.

We've yet found 4 teams that deserve to be there. Expanding to 8 would be ridiculous and just cause more bitching by teams that didn't get in and didn't have a chance to win anyway.

These games would have to be seeded so you would see Alabama and Clemson skull fucking Cincinnati and Oregon.
So what...we get to see that with Bama skull fucking Arkansas and Clem doing the same to Wake and we don't complain about that.