Post your go-to recipes

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 167.00
Whether it be your own creation or found online, let us know a recipe that was damn good that you'd cook again. While this could branch into multiple threads depending on participation, with grilling, smoking, mexican, italian, cajun, etc being potential topics, let's see what you're proud of. Looking for ideas of something different to try in the smoker or on the grill with warm weather upon us. Oven, stove, or slow cooker recipes are also welcome.

I'll add one straight forward smoked meatloaf recipe that I found years ago and have made a few times:

Smoked pork shoulder

Plenty of "eye-balling" and going by " taste", but I'll try to give it a go.

Rub: I use a pint mason jar

- Fill half way (8 oz) with light brown sugar (dark is fine too)
- Fill the next third (~ 2-3 oz) with kosher salt
- 2 tbs (1 oz) of fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tbs (1 oz) smoked paprika (regular is fine too)
- 2 tbs (1 oz) onion powder
- 2 tbs (1 oz) garlic powder
- 2 tbs (1 oz) cumin

Shake to combine.

Prep:

- Rub an 8-9 lb bone in shoulder with yellow mustard and generous amount of rub. Should have about 1/4 of the rub left to be used with the sauce and dusting of pulled pork
- Heat smoker to 225

Cook:

- Place shoulder directly on rack and cook for 2 hours/lb or until internal temp is 200-205.
- Place disposable roasting pan underneath to catch drippings
- Wrapping in foil after reaching the stall temp (~160) will help decrease cook time if you're starting in the morning for dinner that night, but since I cook overnight, I let it go on its own, which I think helps with the bark.

Sauce:

- 4-6 oz of apple cider vinegar
- 4-6 oz of water
- 2-4 oz of pan drippings from meat
- 3-4 tbs of honey
- Half remaining rub

Combine and simmer while meat rests.

Finish:

- Pull pork in pan used to catch drippings (can drain remaining drippings after using those needed for sauce if wanted)
- Sprinkle with remaining rub
- Pour sauce over
- Serve with bun, by itself, with slaw, whatever.

Enjoy!

20210326_151504.jpg20210327_133654.jpg20210327_134610.jpg

Chicken, bacon, ranch sliders:

Ingredients:

- 2 chicken breasts
- Chicken stock
- 6-8 slices of bacon
- 24 sweet Hawaiian rolls
- Ranch dressing
- Slice cheese (provolone, swiss, Colby jack, whichever you prefer)
- Grated parmesan
- Melted butter or spray butter
- green onion

Steps:

- Slow cook the chicken breast in the stock until done and shred in juices

- Slice Hawaiian rolls and layer with sliced cheese, shredded chicken, crumbled bacon, and drizzle with ranch

- Add top roll and brush with butter and sprinkle with grated parmesan and diced green onion if you'd like

- Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and and rolls have a slight Browning

Enjoy!

20210207_163906.jpg

Smoked pork shoulder

Plenty of "eye-balling" and going by " taste", but I'll try to give it a go.

Rub: I use a pint mason jar

- Fill half way (8 oz) with light brown sugar (dark is fine too)
- Fill the next third (~ 2-3 oz) with kosher salt
- 2 tbs (1 oz) of fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tbs (1 oz) smoked paprika (regular is fine too)
- 2 tbs (1 oz) onion powder
- 2 tbs (1 oz) garlic powder
- 2 tbs (1 oz) cumin

Shake to combine.

Prep:

- Rub an 8-9 lb bone in shoulder with yellow mustard and generous amount of rub. Should have about 1/4 of the rub left to be used with the sauce and dusting of pulled pork
- Heat smoker to 225

Cook:

- Place shoulder directly on rack and cook for 2 hours/lb or until internal temp is 200-205.
- Place disposable roasting pan underneath to catch drippings
- Wrapping in foil after reaching the stall temp (~160) will help decrease cook time if you're starting in the morning for dinner that night, but since I cook overnight, I let it go on its own, which I think helps with the bark.

Sauce:

- 4-6 oz of apple cider vinegar
- 4-6 oz of water
- 2-4 oz of pan drippings from meat
- 3-4 tbs of honey
- Half remaining rub

Combine and simmer while meat rests.

Finish:

- Pull pork in pan used to catch drippings (can drain remaining drippings after using those needed for sauce if wanted)
- Sprinkle with remaining rub
- Pour sauce over
- Serve with bun, by itself, with slaw, whatever.

Enjoy!

View attachment 26202View attachment 26203View attachment 26204

Fkn Yum!

One dish I love is Mussaka, a tasty three-layer Mediterranean casserole with slices of fried eggplant surrounding a ground baked lamb layer flavored with tomatoes, onions, cinnamon, oregano, eggs and parmesan cheese, and topped with an egg and cheese sauce layer with nutmeg spice and white pepper. Great with a cup of Borscht and Vodka. I got the recipe from The Russian Tea Room Cookbook. Many variations of Mussaka on the IN. Only made a half portion with two of four eggplants, or the casserole would be two inches high.

Mussaka_700.jpg

MussakaPan_700.jpg

Went with the meatloaf today in the new smoker.

20221217_113603.jpg20221217_153838.jpg