R.I.P Venice, Italy

I was there in the summer also and it smelled like roses compared to Baton Rouge.

I love the food in Northern Italy but the stars are the Italian wines and I never had a bad glass the whole time I was there. We spent 2 days in Venice and 8 in Rome and I wished we had planned more time in Venice. We didn't get to Florence but I've heard great things.

Next summer we are going to Belize and after that, we are going to Croatia so maybe we will get back someday. When we became empty-nesters we decided it was time to final travel so the goal is 10 tips in 10 years to start. So far we have done Italy and Costa Rica (man I love CR!).

Rome taught me while the big historical cities are amazing they aren't overly relaxing so our list moved to more "relaxing" locales.

I loved Belize when I was there, but it was long enough ago, I doubt much of anything could tell you wouldn't be moot, at least with one exception. Belize City was, hands down, one of the sketchiest places I've ever been. Mind you, I didn't even stay there, I just caught a boat there to one of the Cayes. I still couldn't get out quickly enough. I'm guessing it hasn't gotten any better.

I loved Belize when I was there, but it was long enough ago, I doubt much of anything could tell you wouldn't be moot, at least with one exception. Belize City was, hands down, one of the sketchiest places I've ever been. Mind you, I didn't even stay there, I just caught a boat there to one of the Cayes. I still couldn't get out quickly enough. I'm guessing it hasn't gotten any better.
We are staying at two resorts. One in the jungle that has an attached farm and the other on the coast both boutique type places owned by same company. All our excursions are private and charted so I’m not worried too much.

Honestly if you read the news it’s tough to find anywhere to go. Mexico is a disaster, the Bahamas have all kinds of issues going on and Bali is over crowded. I want to do Thailand but the wife doesn’t want to fly that far.

I was there in the summer also and it smelled like roses compared to Baton Rouge.

I love the food in Northern Italy but the stars are the Italian wines and I never had a bad glass the whole time I was there. We spent 2 days in Venice and 8 in Rome and I wished we had planned more time in Venice. We didn't get to Florence but I've heard great things.

Next summer we are going to Belize and after that, we are going to Croatia so maybe we will get back someday. When we became empty-nesters we decided it was time to final travel so the goal is 10 tips in 10 years to start. So far we have done Italy and Costa Rica (man I love CR!).

Rome taught me while the big historical cities are amazing they aren't overly relaxing so our list moved to more "relaxing" locales.

State Dept. travel advisory for Belize:

1707434174376.png

Travel advisory for Croatia:

1707434245641.png

Whatever you say.
There's as much evidence for rising sea levels as there is that the Earth is flat: none.

Go to the Netherlands and check water levels on dykes. Check records from 1832 and check them today.

Speak this into Google: "How many people globally have lost homes due to rising sea levels?" Not even Google will lie about it. Zero. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

But don't worry, "by 2030..."

You really believed that shit? :L

There's as much evidence for rising sea levels as there is that the Earth is flat: none.

Go to the Netherlands and check water levels on dykes. Check records from 1832 and check them today.

Speak this into Google: "How many people globally have lost homes due to rising sea levels?" Not even Google will lie about it. Zero. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

But don't worry, "by 2030..."

You really believed that shit? :facepalm:

What I do know is neither of my kids will ever have any of their own. And both are 40 or more now.

So let's say that in 60 years none of "me" will give a flying fuck.

Sooo...

See Ya Lol GIF by HBO Max
?
"Get to STOMPIN'!"

I've been to both Venice, Italy and The Venetian in Las Vegas. Go to the Venetian; you can still have the gondoliers sing to you, it stinks less and they deal with drunks better.
I have relatives in Italy. Plan on going on a trip again. Venice will not be one of my stops. If you are ever in Italy again check out Portofino if you haven't been. The rich know where to go with their yachts, lol

Last edited:
I loved Venice. The architecture and detail into what they built is jaw dropping.

Would hate to see it be destroyed.
There is architecture everywhere. I would go to Portofino before Venice.

I have relatives in Italy. Plan on going on a trip again. Venice will not be one of my stops. If you are ever in Italy again check out Portofino if you haven't been. The rich know where to go with their yachts, lol
We looked at going to the Amalfi coast while we were in Italy but the prices for rooms were extremely high when we were going and just didn't think it was worth it. We lived on the coast in NC for 2 years and had our own boat so it's tough for me to shell that kind of money out for a beach because we've lived it.

We looked at going to the Amalfi coast while we were in Italy but the prices for rooms were extremely high when we were going and just didn't think it was worth it. We lived on the coast in NC for 2 years and had our own boat so it's tough for me to shell that kind of money out for a beach because we've lived it.
Try Puglia instead. I spent 6 months there. It's beautiful, small hill towns like Ostuni, and lovely cities like Lecce, dubbed Florence of the South. Plus the food is to die for, the people are great, and it's not touristy, so it's not overpriced like the Amalfi Coast or Cinque Terre.

I have family around Genoa and in the Tuscany region. We were fortunate to have places to stay.