Random NFL Talk

What being on a dogshit New York Giants franchise will do to a man and his family.

Crazy that a top 10 WR only fetches a 4th rd pick. Herbert probably hating LA right now.

Crazy that a top 10 WR only fetches a 4th rd pick. Herbert probably hating LA right now.

Hate to say it but that’s an epic get. 😡

I'm not sold on Allen being a great get. He'll be 32 this season, is showing signs of slowing down on the field and is increasingly injury-prone (played 10 games in '22 and 13 in '23). The Bears might be paying $23M to a guy who struggles to stay on the field and isn't particularly effective when he's out there. Not sure yet who the Bears' QB will be in '24, but it ain't gonna be Herbert.

Everybody trying to keep up w the Lions.

I'm not sold on Allen being a great get. He'll be 32 this season, is showing signs of slowing down on the field and is increasingly injury-prone (played 10 games in '22 and 13 in '23). The Bears might be paying $23M to a guy who struggles to stay on the field and isn't particularly effective when he's out there. Not sure yet who the Bears' QB will be in '24, but it ain't gonna be Herbert.
Meh. He's coming off a pro bowl year, and is a solid Number 2 for at least next year, for a 4th rounder (thinking a 5th would've done it) but nonetheless, it fills a need, and more importantly allows them to focus on other areas in the Draft.

Herbert didn't make Allen though.

Bears now have the second best WR duo in their division and probably 7th best in thr NFC.

AARON DONALD’S LAST GAME WAS AN L TO THE LIONS!!! 🔥

Well we now know two members of the 2029 Hall of Fame class. Jason Kelce and Aaron Donald.

Meh. He's coming off a pro bowl year, and is a solid Number 2 for at least next year, for a 4th rounder (thinking a 5th would've done it) but nonetheless, it fills a need, and more importantly allows them to focus on other areas in the Draft.
Fair. However, there's a lot of mocks dropping Odunze to the Bears at 9. If this 1-year WR filler causes Odunze (or another possible future elite WR) to slide past the Bears they could regret it in the long run.

Typically, my first preference is to fortify the defensive trenches with top-10 picks; but this year's draft appears to be exceptionally weak in that area and strong in top-end WR prospects. (Too many teams will be reaching for "meh" QBs high in this draft; some guys more worthy of being drafted high will slide down because of it. That #9 pick is gonna be valuable.)

Herbert didn't make Allen though.

Bears now have the second best WR duo in their division and probably 7th best in thr NFC.

This I mostly agree with; however, having a competent QB does make a positive difference on WR productivity. For example, look at Justin Jefferson's productivity with Cousins versus without Cousins last year.

This is highly questionable. The Bears' Moore/Allen duo could be first or last in the division in actual productivity this coming season. Jefferson/Addison probably have the highest expectation based on raw talent, but who is going to be throwing the ball to them - Sam Darnold? The Packers are rather deep and young at WR, but they spread the ball around a lot; they may not have the biggest names or the clearly identified #1/#2, but the corps as a whole could be the most productive or maybe two of the group emerge. The Lions have one of the hottest WRs in the league right now and there's still plenty of time to find a valuable compliment for him via draft, trade, FA or maybe Jameson Williams takes the next step to being a legit NFL WR.

Fair. However, there's a lot of mocks dropping Odunze to the Bears at 9. If this 1-year WR filler causes Odunze (or another possible future elite WR) to slide past the Bears they could regret it in the long run.

Typically, my first preference is to fortify the defensive trenches with top-10 picks; but this year's draft appears to be exceptionally weak in that area and strong in top-end WR prospects. (Too many teams will be reaching for "meh" QBs high in this draft; some guys more worthy of being drafted high will slide down because of it. That #9 pick is gonna be valuable.)

This I mostly agree with; however, having a competent QB does make a positive difference on WR productivity. For example, look at Justin Jefferson's productivity with Cousins versus without Cousins last year.

This is highly questionable. The Bears' Moore/Allen duo could be first or last in the division in actual productivity this coming season. Jefferson/Addison probably have the highest expectation based on raw talent, but who is going to be throwing the ball to them - Sam Darnold? The Packers are rather deep and young at WR, but they spread the ball around a lot; they may not have the biggest names or the clearly identified #1/#2, but the corps as a whole could be the most productive or maybe two of the group emerge. The Lions have one of the hottest WRs in the league right now and there's still plenty of time to find a valuable compliment for him via draft, trade, FA or maybe Jameson Williams takes the next step to being a legit NFL WR.
It is hard for me to like the idea of drafting a WR early, regardless of the talent pool.

It is hard for me to like the idea of drafting a WR early, regardless of the talent pool.
I'm usually with you there. If the Bears can get one of those top 3 WRs (Harrison, Nabers, Odunze) though, it could be a lot like adding a Justin Jefferson to your corps.

Would you rather take a OL at 9?

I'm usually with you there. If the Bears can get one of those top 3 WRs (Harrison, Nabers, Odunze) though, it could be a lot like adding a Justin Jefferson to your corps.

Would you rather take a OL at 9?
I haven't really started digging into the draft yet this year, but I didn't hate the idea of QB at 1 and Odunze at 9.

With Allen now on the team, I think Center, LG and an edge rusher opposite Sweat are their biggest needs, (Aside from QB)

I actually like what the Bears have on the rest of their o-line. They are young, and they are BIG.

Wright, Jenkins and Jones are good young players.