Random thoughts

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 9,384.00
I was making mashed potatoes tonight and while cutting the potatoes the knife slipped and I cut my thumb.

My oldest is interested in cooking and he was watching. I screamed when I cut myself and it scared him-it was more out of shock for me than actual pain but the way I yelled he was more shaken than I was. Quickly went to the first aid kit and bandaged it and got back to work.

I told him there were a couple of lessons there. Knives can be dangerous so pay attention and don't rush. I was distracted explaining what I was doing and the kids were hungry so I was trying to do it quickly. Also use the right knife for the job. I have a couple of knives that I use specifically for cutting veggies but in my rush I grabbed a steak knife because it was just potatoes and like I said I was in a rush.

I don't mind. Tis but a scratch and hopefully later in life when he's cooking he learned a do as I say not as I do lesson.

Also, if you have an aunt or uncle that 20 years later you found out was the happy drunk in your family, there is a good chance they were your favorite aunt or uncle. They were a blast to be around, brought you toys you weren't expecting and mom always made sure the birthday checks they sent you got cashed right away just in case.

Also, if you have an aunt or uncle that 20 years later you found out was the happy drunk in your family, there is a good chance they were your favorite aunt or uncle. They were a blast to be around, brought you toys you weren't expecting and mom always made sure the birthday checks they sent you got cashed right away just in case.

Is they bleed like hell when cutting potatoes

my drunk uncle was an asshole.

my drunk uncle was an asshole.
When I separated from active duty, I moved back to Oshkosh. I needed a place to stay as I searched for a house to purchase and one of my uncles - whose alcohol stream has a 0.1 blood level - owned a duplex; so I rented from him. When it came time to move out, not only did he stiff me on my security deposit, but he added extra bullshit charges. That place was immaculate and I left it in much better shape than when I arrived.

I've mentioned this before but, I'm convinced that The Waterboy is Forrest Gump's illegitimate son. Likely conceived during one of Forrest's transcontinental jogs.

Have you ever seen Mr. T rapping?

Ice-T wrote that. There's actually a whole bunch of future stars in that video (Fergie, for instance)

When I was in college way back before there were a bunch of "real" soundboards my buddy and I used to take hallucinogenics, pull up sound clips from that special and just jam. Also mixed in the A-Team theme. "Mr. T Acid Sound Collage" is what we called it.

I've said way too much. Yes, I am very familiar with the video. There are a million funny quotes in it. It's incredible.

"Hey, everybody gotta wear clothes! And if you don't you could get arrested."

"With her mustard socks and her ketchup sash, she's a real hot dog!"

And that's just one short section of it.

The best thing is that T's messages are generally very good ones, of course. Can't argue with very much of what he says even though you're laughing the whole time.