Randy Gregory to sign with Broncos.

Did Jerry do something to piss off Gregory?

Fuck is all I can say.

Fuck.

Great signing.

He is a goddamn beast.
He's also a psycho chicken with drug/alcohol issues and Denver is drug central. I'll be keeping a watch out for that meltdown.

He's also a psycho chicken with drug/alcohol issues and Denver is drug central. I'll be keeping a watch out for that meltdown.
Cool.

On the plus side, Cowboys got rid of 2 players who committed lots of penalties, making them one of the most penalized teams in the league.

Him and OG Connor Williams.

Great signing.

He is a goddamn beast.
1 career start and never more than 6 sacks in a season? And you gave him a contract which protects his guarantees if he is suspended in a state that brags about how easy it is to get weed? And he's still in the old school testing program, not the new friendlier one?

Good luck

1 career start and never more than 6 sacks in a season? And you gave him a contract which protects his guarantees if he is suspended in a state that brags about how easy it is to get weed? And he's still in the old school testing program, not the new friendlier one?

Good luck
Thank you.

Thank you.
Do you think he will make more or less than $1m per sack over the life of that contract? I think he makes well over $1m, closer to $2m per sack.

Do you think he will make more or less than $1m per sack over the life of that contract? I think he makes well over $1m, closer to $2m per sack.
My understanding under the new drug policy of the NFL that he only gets fined if he test positive for marijuana instead of being suspended.

I suppose that could get expensive...

My understanding under the new drug policy of the NFL that he only gets fined if he test positive for marijuana instead of being suspended.

I suppose that could get expensive...
The new drug policy doesn't matter for Gregory. He's still governed under the old policy, the new CBA from what I have heard didn't remove those already in the old drug plan.

edit: Just skimmed a couple of google results and that appears to be incorrect, he would be fined for pot and not suspended. But even absent fines, he has 16.5 career sacks. Gonna have to step up to make him worth that much money. DE's don't usually get better with age and once paid.

live look-in at ol' randy right now:

smoke-cigarettes.gif

The new drug policy doesn't matter for Gregory. He's still governed under the old policy, the new CBA from what I have heard didn't remove those already in the old drug plan.

edit: Just skimmed a couple of google results and that appears to be incorrect, he would be fined for pot and not suspended. But even absent fines, he has 16.5 career sacks. Gonna have to step up to make him worth that much money. DE's don't usually get better with age and once paid.
Jerry wanted to sign Gregory despite all the baggage. Zadarius Smith would be a good addition.

Jerry wanted to sign Gregory despite all the baggage. Zadarius Smith would be a good addition.
Yeah we wanted Gregory back, but because of his history we wanted some protection. Someone else didn't want it and Randy went there. I get it.

For Randy to now bad mouth Jerry is bullshit. Without Jerry Randy is not in the league and likely not even alive today.