Rather?: Career Stats

Which career stat line would you rather have?

• A. 2784 HITS, .302 AVG

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • B. 3014 HITS, .287 AVG

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 25,000.00
Which career stat line would you rather have?

A. 2784 HITS, .302 AVG
B. 3014 HITS, .287 AVG

Need more info, but I’d go with more hits and lower average since that probably means you played longer and made more money

Need more info, but I’d go with more hits and lower average since that probably means you played longer and made more money

Does it though? I know that we don't have the total plate appearance numbers since there's info missing but the .287 batter would have had almost 1,300 more ABs, even if he walked a lot less frequently I would still probably guess that he played for at least as long as the .302 batter did.

This might be a "this is what happens if you turn a bunch of so-and-so's walks into singles" type of question/exercise? Not really sure yet.

(edit: can't be that kind of thing actually since the situation is somewhat backwards)

Does it though? I know that we don't have the total plate appearance numbers since there's info missing but the .287 batter would have had almost 1,300 more ABs, even if he walked a lot less frequently I would still probably guess that he played for at least as long as the .302 batter did.

This might be a "this is what happens if you turn a bunch of so-and-so's walks into singles" type of question/exercise? Not really sure yet.
Think you got what I said mixed up

3000 hits is a milestone.

Next question.

I'll take the years and extra pension over the few extra points.

Only 33 people have 3k hits in MLB. Give me exclusivity any day.

.302 is about the lowest you can get to "in the .300 club" also. Now if we are talking >.333 with 2500+ AB's, that might be something to debate. But .302? Nah.

stat line A most closely aligns with Al Oliver
stat line B most closely aligns with Rafael Palmeiro

stat line A most closely aligns with Al Oliver
stat line B most closely aligns with Rafael Palmeiro
So, you get to take steroids with option B too?

Yeah, this is a no brainer

What's the OBP or OPS of each?

Time to give everyone who went 1-for-1 and a 1.000 a bust in the hall of fame then, eh?
These are qualified stats. Try to keep up with normal human conversation.

I'll take the years and extra pension over the few extra points.

Only 33 people have 3k hits in MLB. Give me exclusivity any day.
How many do you think have .300+ and over 2500 hits?

why post a dumb question if you already know your own answer?
That’s what a poll is… to gather others’ opinions and foster debate. Again, try to keep up

How many do you think have .300+ and over 2500 hits?
Well there are 100 players with 2500 hits and scanning the list there are a lot more than 33 that have .300+ average.

no one cares about a career .300 average. Everyone knows when someone gets 3000 hits.