Rays flying start.

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,713.00
13-0 so far. Yeah, we know it won't last but still enjoying it.

See a lot of haters online (especially Yankee fans) crying, saying they've played weak teams.
Maybe so but they are beating the teams they are supposed to, which is what makes the difference
down the stretch when talking about a division title or Wild Card spot.

They've been exciting to watch. Pitching is lights out, defense is great,
and their hitting has been outstanding, getting folks around the bases and
not just relying on HRs.

Yes, 13-0 is a great start at the Major League level. Whether you like it or not, though, the accomplishment is diluted by the quality of opponents. If they sweep the upcoming season series in Toronto, then full props will be granted.

Yes, 13-0 is a great start at the Major League level. Whether you like it or not, though, the accomplishment is diluted by the quality of opponents. If they sweep the upcoming season series in Toronto, then full props will be granted.
Doubtful. They may take the series but I doubt it's a sweep.

I think it just irks fans of teams like the Yankees, Mets, Dodgers, etc when teams like Tampa, Milwaukee etc do so well with a fraction of the payroll.

I call bullshit. Full props earned now. Particularly given the way they're doing it (absolutely dismantling teams). +71 run diff after 13 games? Crazy.

13 straight wins in baseball is an accomplishment on it's own. To start the season, it's just badass.

In the history of baseball, you know how many teams have won more games to start the season?

One. The 1884 St Louis Maroons.

Doubtful. They may take the series but I doubt it's a sweep.

I think it just irks fans of teams like the Yankees, Mets, Dodgers, etc when teams like Tampa, Milwaukee etc do so well with a fraction of the payroll.
Fuck the Brewers.

Ryan Braun is the biggest piece of shit from the steroid era.

I call bullshit. Full props earned now. Particularly given the way they're doing it (absolutely dismantling teams). +71 run diff after 13 games? Crazy.

13 straight wins in baseball is an accomplishment on it's own. To start the season, it's just badass.

In the history of baseball, you know how many teams have won more games to start the season?

And that Maroons lineup was notoriously full of roiders

13 game win streaks are impressive regardless of opponent. There’s a reason why the spread for every MLB game is 1.5. The worst team can easily beat the best team on any given night. With few exceptions, the best team is gonna lose around 60 and the worst will win around 60

Mike Tyson knocked out the first 19 opponents he faced in his professional boxing career - a collection of nobodies. Good start, but it didn't prove anything until he started beating the piss out of guys who could actually fight. I wanna see how the Rays handle good teams before we start sucking their dicks. And yes, I just compared the Rays to Tyson. Acknowledgment exists, props not quite yet.

Fuck the Brewers.

southpark-fuckyou.gif

Was anyone saying “let’s see how they do against some bad teams” that year the Orioles started like 0-21?(only reason I know about that was because of the 2016 Braves 0-9 start)

Mike Tyson knocked out the first 19 opponents he faced in his professional boxing career - a collection of nobodies. Good start, but it didn't prove anything until he started beating the piss out of guys who could actually fight. I wanna see how the Rays handle good teams before we start sucking their dicks. And yes, I just compared the Rays to Tyson. Acknowledgment exists, props not quite yet.

southpark-fuckyou.gif

For a more recent example of this type of thing, Edgar Berlanga is a nice fighter but he's boxed more than twice as many rounds in his last 4 fights (looks like over 4 times the total ring time by my rough count) as he did in his first 16.

Who said their 13-game win streak to start the season proves anything more than they have a thirteen game win streak to start the season?

It proves they're off to a better start than the Brewers. Fuck the Brewers.

For a more recent example of this type of thing, Edgar Berlanga is a nice fighter but he's boxed more than twice as many rounds in his last 4 fights as he did in his first 16.

Well I'm glad you Canadian and might-as-well-be-Canadian muppets have taken to comparing an MLB team to boxers.

How about we look at examples of other baseball teams? There are only three of them to consider. In the nearly 150 year history of MLB.

It's remarkable and impressive even if they go 0-149 the rest of the season.

Well I'm glad you Canadian and might-as-well-be-Canadian muppets have taken to comparing an MLB team to boxers.

How about we look at examples of other baseball teams? There are only three of them to consider. In the nearly 150 year history of MLB.

I don't believe that I was even agreeing with his comparison in my post, just providing him with a better example (none of Berlanga's first opponents made it out of the first round while his last 4 all went the distance).

Do I get a free insult now? I can do better than "muppet" if I do.

So here's another analogy for you... You're impressed by big fake titties; I'm impressed only by big real titties.

I don't believe that I was even agreeing with his comparison in my post, just providing him with a better example (none of Berlanga's first opponents made it out of the first round while his last 4 all went the distance).

Do I get a free insult now? I can do better than "muppet" if I do.
Neither example really makes sense.

And I’ll give you both all the free insults you want. I just fuck around on here. I like both of you muppets.

13-0 so far. Yeah, we know it won't last but still enjoying it.

See a lot of haters online (especially Yankee fans) crying, saying they've played weak teams.
Maybe so but they are beating the teams they are supposed to, which is what makes the difference
down the stretch when talking about a division title or Wild Card spot.

They've been exciting to watch. Pitching is lights out, defense is great,
and their hitting has been outstanding, getting folks around the bases and
not just relying on HRs.

I hope this gets Tampa a baseball team. They deserve it

Now sitting at 30-9. They've outscored opponents by 121 runs, they have a 140 OPS+ as a team (for reference, the same career OPS+ as A-Rod, Sheffield and Vlad Sr.). They have a team ERA+ of 141, the same career ERA+ as Trevor Hoffman.