Redshirt freshman QB Spencer Rattler to start for Oklahoma

Bro are you kidding me?? Did you read the SI article? Or the insider tweets the night of the vote? Riley presented a plan where the season could start in the Spring to the ADs and Presidents. ou VOTED to postpone the season along with KU.
The SI article was a giant loaf of horse shit. Every single person close to the program has said so. That guy had no idea what he was talking about.

So...LR takes 3 guys that had issues at other schools and makes them starters/winners at OU and you folks think he’ll have issues with a 5 star and turning him an NFL QB too?

Holy shit! Derp getting deep!

Even down RB1 and the potential WR1, I’ll wager any of you Rattler will be top 10 in efficiency, rating and passing yards.

Put them avys up you CFB gurus.
Waiting for the "but he'll do it against Big 12 defense" throng in 3....2.....1.

based on him identifying and coaching up QBs? He was the only one to recruit Mayfield..as a PWO player. Coached him as a starter his FRESHMAN season. He mentored Case Keenum, coached Webb (who's in the NFL), Bowman, and some loser that goes by JFF.

Kliff can identify, and coach players up.. He's an asshole to his QBs because he expects much more which rubbed Mayfield (go figure) and Webb wrong. But he's the goods.. Now as far as HC goes.. yeah he's not as good as Riley, although if he were let's say a coach at a blueblood who would have gotten a transition from an established coach, things would probably be different. He wouldn't have hired his under qualified homies off the jump in Lubbock.
Errrr......I do believe you forgot Coach GQ's best QB protege. Scuttlebutt around here is Mahomes was as big a reason as KK was in Mayfield's "happiness is Lubbock, TX in his rear view mirror".
1599091608070.png

Look, guys. I think we’re all missing the obvious here. What we should be discussing in this thread is with all these quarterbacks coming out of Texas, how is Ehlinger the best excuse for a quarterback since Colt McCoy?

Look, guys. I think we’re all missing the obvious here. What we should be discussing in this thread is with all these quarterbacks coming out of Texas, how is Ehlinger the best excuse for a quarterback since Colt McCoy?

Food Love GIF by Rachael Ray Show

I've always been a fan of David Ash but he is like Brewer.. wind blows and he got concussed. They also got a good one in Buchele as well. Case McCoy will always be ok in my book, he beat ou and aggy.

Luckily, under Tom, he has transformed the QB room into one of the best since Mack's heydey.

oh and Baker got beat by Heard, and nearly lost to Sam (who got concussed late in the game) the following season as well. Actually since 2016 the Texas QBs haven't been too bad..Buchele to Sam.

As an example, look at how many both Texas and A&M have whiffed on and let get away over the years. You can go back to Detmer, Brees and just come forward from there.

oh and Baker got beat by Heard, and nearly lost to Sam (who got concussed late in the game) the following season as well. Actually since 2016 the Texas QBs haven't been too bad..Buchele to Sam.
...and there you have it folks.

The dongers always hollerin' about OU players and recruits giving horns down "wE'rE iN tHeIr hEaDs 24/7!!!". Here's one IN THE WILD with full plumage on display measuring success season by season on whether they beat OU or not. :dhd:

...LR takes 3 guys that had issues at other schools and makes them starters/winners at OU and you folks think he’ll have issues with a 5 star and turning him an NFL QB too?

Holy shit! Derp getting deep!

Even down RB1 and the potential WR1, I’ll wager any of you Rattler will be top 10 in efficiency, rating and passing yards.

Put them avys up you CFB gurus.

Riley seems to be somewhat of a QB whisperer so I'd lean more towards Rattler being successful. My comment was strictly towards him only coaching transfers so far and nothing to do with how successful I think he will be

...and there you have it folks.

The dongers always hollerin' about OU players and recruits giving horns down "wE'rE iN tHeIr hEaDs 24/7!!!". Here's one IN THE WILD with full plumage on display measuring success season by season on whether they beat OU or not. :dhd:
umm yeah? have u seen the how bad this program has been for most of the past decade??

Big difference from the 2000s where Mack only won 2 conference titles, but nobody complained about that, they complained about not getting to the championship BCS bowl games. I will give Stoops credit, he went all in on winning the conference as the end all, be all. As long as he kept winning conference titles, there was no pressure if he bombed in the BCS/CFP postseason. Hell you see that today.

But yeah Texas was TERRIBLE this past decade so seeing Case Fn McCoy beat ou and aggy.. seeing Gilbert beat Nebraska in Nebraska and of course the combo of Jerrard Heard and Tyrone Swoopes beating ou is as good as it could be in a shit sandwich. Luckily Herman has this program going the right direction, roster shows it.

Last edited:
As an example, look at how many both Texas and A&M have whiffed on and let get away over the years. You can go back to Detmer, Brees and just come forward from there.
I can still remember a reporter asking Mack why he recruited Swoopes over Miller (who went to tosu), and his response was to ask Harsin (who had just left to central arkansas or pine-bluff or state). What a failure, in the best state that produces elite QBs, and we couldn't get one after ruining Gilbert in 2 seasons.

**Except for David Ash, kid was legit.. too bad he was too chinny**

I can still remember a reporter asking Mack why he recruited Swoopes over Miller (who went to tosu), and his response was to ask Harsin (who had just left to central arkansas or pine-bluff or state). What a failure, in the best state that produces elite QBs, and we couldn't get one after ruining Gilbert in 2 seasons.

**Except for David Ash, kid was legit.. too bad he was too chinny**
Over the years I think both flagship schools in Texas relied way too much on recruiting rankings and hype instead of conducting their own proper evaluations. Just look at the recent pro QBs they both let get away...not necessarily starters but made/making a living in the NFL. Off the top of my head Brees (Purdue), Foles (Arizona), Stafford (Georgia), Keenum (Houston), Dalton (TCU), RGIII (Baylor), Luck (Stanford), Mayfield (Texas Tech), Mahomes (Texas Tech), Webb (Texas Tech), Daniel (Mizzou), Stidham (Baylor),and Hurts (Alabama). Compared to only McCoy (Texas), Tannehill (A&M) and Murray (A&M). A&M did have a Heisman in JFF. Hell, except for the DFW crew and Keenum, most of that first list were in either Texas' or A&M's back yard in HS.

Over the years I think both flagship schools in Texas relied way too much on recruiting rankings and hype instead of conducting their own proper evaluations. Just look at the recent pro QBs they both let get away...not necessarily starters but made/making a living in the NFL. Off the top of my head Brees (Purdue), Foles (Arizona), Stafford (Georgia), Keenum (Houston), Dalton (TCU), RGIII (Baylor), Luck (Stanford), Mayfield (Texas Tech), Mahomes (Texas Tech), Webb (Texas Tech), Daniel (Mizzou), Stidham (Baylor),and Hurts (Alabama). Compared to only McCoy (Texas), Tannehill (A&M) and Murray (A&M). A&M did have a Heisman in JFF. Hell, except for the DFW crew and Keenum, most of that first list were in either Texas' or A&M's back yard in HS.
Brees was passed over by Mack because Applewhite had a teammate that they really liked.. he ended up going elsewhere however. Mack also wanted JFF and RG3 at Safety too. Then there was the Gilbert drama with Luck, Gilbert's dad made Mack promise him that he would not recruit Luck in order to make sure his son arrives in Austin. Took Charlie 3 years to finally go after a bluechip QB and he chose Buchele over Hurts, which I still think was the right decision btw. What a dark time for UT football.. luckily the QB room has improved since TH arrived.

Looking back at it, Mack didn't even want to go after VY. Luckily Brewster went after him anyways.

umm yeah? have u seen the how bad this program has been for most of the past decade??

Big difference from the 2000s where Mack only won 2 conference titles, but nobody complained about that, they complained about not getting to the championship BCS bowl games. I will give Stoops credit, he went all in on winning the conference as the end all, be all. As long as he kept winning conference titles, there was no pressure if he bombed in the BCS/CFP postseason. Hell you see that today.

But yeah Texas was TERRIBLE this past decade so seeing Case Fn McCoy beat ou and aggy.. seeing Gilbert beat Nebraska in Nebraska and of course the combo of Jerrard Heard and Tyrone Swoopes beating ou is as good as it could be in a shit sandwich. Luckily Herman has this program going the right direction, roster shows it.
I feel you bro.

I feel the same about LR. He finally has, in the past year and a half, made the decisions needed to get over the hump. The bad thing for texico is....our hump is the CFP, texico's hump is OU. :)

I feel you bro.

I feel the same about LR. He finally has, in the past year and a half, made the decisions needed to get over the hump. The bad thing for texico is....our hump is the CFP, texico's hump is OU. :)
We'll see how it goes down next month!!!