Oh No
So many careers down the drain

two thumbs up GIF by Hooters
Hooters Girls Beer GIF by Hooters
love you kiss GIF by Hooters
hooters makes you happy GIF by Hooters
excited hooters girls GIF by Hooters
happy hour beer GIF by Hooters

20 years ago, my local Hooters was everything they used to stand for.

Hot, young waitresses who were super friendly and provided excellent service, the best wings in town with incredible sauce made on the spot and oceans of ice cold beer for a pittance. I'd go for happy hour a few times a week and was friends with everyone there. To this day is a great memory. Can't believe it's been that long ago. :cry:

Hot, young waitresses who were super friendly and provided excellent service, the best wings in town with incredible sauce made on the spot and oceans of ice cold beer for a pittance. I'd go for happy hour a few times a week and was friends with everyone there. To this day is a great memory. Can't believe it's been that long ago. :cry:
The only thing Hooters was good for in my neck of the woods was the hard nipples.

I was on business in Shanghai once and they actually had a Hooters not far from my hotel. Same atmosphere, but the girls were mostly looking for new husbands who would get them the fuck out of China. The wings were gross. They were huge in an abnormal sense. I had to ask "chicken, right"?

20 yrs ago is likely when they hit their peak because there wasn't anyone else doing what they were doing.

since their menu hasn't improved and they are still relying on the horny old me to come in to look at girls in somewhat skimpy clothes, the business model was just waiting to fail.

20 yrs ago is likely when they hit their peak because there wasn't anyone else doing what they were doing.

since their menu hasn't improved and they are still relying on the horny old me to come in to look at girls in somewhat skimpy clothes, the business model was just waiting to fail.
So it's your fault?... You finally get a girlfriend and cause a beloved franchise to fold?

When I was in my 20s I was at work and a buddy came by to pick me up and we were going to go for drinks and he noticed another guy that worked there had a Hooter's calendar in his cubicle (not a great look by the way). He picked it up and was going through it and his Birthday was coming up in February and I thought I'll get him a calendar.

I go to Hooters on like a Tuesday night and the place was about half full and the waitress came to seat me and I told her I just wanted a calendar. She asked if I wanted it signed by the girls and I said sure. Next thing I know they put me at a table, brought over a calendar and every girl in the place was at my table going through the calendar talking about the girls and signing in places (note none of them were in the calendar). When they were done I grabbed the calendar and started walking out and before I could get out I heard several guys ask if they could get a calendar.

I bet they sold one to every table.

Always had better food and a better time at any Tilted Kilt I roamed into anyway.

Meh…other than the impact this will have on John Daly, not sure I give a fuck.

I'm not the one who said they went 3 times a week...that was @HammerDown
andre lotterer oops GIF by ABB Formula E

Some weeks I went every single day.

The story for about six months was that I had an all-expenses-paid gig out of town. Was a little nervous the first time I turned in Hooters receipts but no one said anything. The next week I was adding beer to the check and turning it in twice. Then three times a week, then started picking up other people's checks if they were cool. Shit was amazing. Was young with no bills and making more money than I knew what to do with for very little work. The bad part was that I had to live in Lexington, Kentucky and I hated Kentucky basketball.

Back