TV Series Rick and Morty

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 10,650.00
Thought there was a thread here, but guess not.

I’ve been pretty disappointed in the new season. It’s still good, but not living up to the expectations that the first 4 seasons left us with IMO

The last two episodes have been pretty meh, but the season started off well imo

I don't have Hulu Live, so I am not seeing the new episodes yet :(

The last two episodes have been pretty meh, but the season started off well imo
They’ve all be decent, just no gems yet IMO. The decoy family episode was borderline annoying. Would have preferred another Interdimensional Cable or Mind Blowers

Tease for the season finale. Awesome casting

I typically enjoy the episodes more during a rewatch. So many details

I didn’t care for season 5 when I was watching it new, but I watched it off the DVR yesterday while it rained all day. I liked it a lot better the second go around.

First episode of season 6 was pretty good too

Justin Roiland out due to abuse allegations. Also, there's been some more recent online conversations uncovered where it really looks like he's trying to asking underage girls to have sex with him.

I've got no doubt there's plenty of talented VAs that can take over. You can scroll through YT and TikTok and find some pretty damn good Rick and Morty voices out there. But story wise, it might just be better to end the show.

Justin Roiland out due to abuse allegations. Also, there's been some more recent online conversations uncovered where it really looks like he's trying to asking underage girls to have sex with him.

I've got no doubt there's plenty of talented VAs that can take over. You can scroll through YT and TikTok and find some pretty damn good Rick and Morty voices out there. But story wise, it might just be better to end the show.

39 more episodes to get to the magic number :noidea:

They have to part ways with him after that, but for me and cartoons when the voices start to change, it’s time to end it. The Simpsons became unwatchable to me when for whatever reason they decided to give Homer a slightly more higher pitched tone from the same voice actor

If the show continues, it should probably deal with the recast in a similar way that South Park dealt with Isaac Hayes’ departure. You need to lean into it and acknowledge it.

However…

For me, R&M’s voices and tones are a big reason I like the show. Without Roiland, I am not sure I would continue. I already hate all the alternate motif episodes they have (basically the constant anime episodes). I don’t even watch those episodes.

Focus on the positive... somebody got another call from Vishal :wink:

Also, don't let the second video fool you. Dancing is still forbidden!

So the new voices sound pretty much spot on

Just watched the season 7 premiere. When cartoons start changing voices, that’s usually when they jump the shark

Yikes, put this show out of its misery.

First two episodes were bad but the third one is not even the same show. They got nothing new so they're just bringing back old characters.

Rick going to the therapist and taking it seriously is dumb enough, but to make that a key point of the episode is just sad.

The last few seasons weren't good, but this shit is gay and tarded.

Is Roiland still an owner of the show? Is he still collecting checks from Adult Swim from this? Gawd, I hope so.

New season is fine. Voices sound the same.

Yikes, put this show out of its misery.

First two episodes were bad but the third one is not even the same show. They got nothing new so they're just bringing back old characters.

Rick going to the therapist and taking it seriously is dumb enough, but to make that a key point of the episode is just sad.

The last few seasons weren't good, but this shit is gay and tarded.
It peaked in season 2, season 4 was its last really good season IMO