RIP Dickey Betts

Died today at 80. Allman Brothers are my favorite band, I’ve seen Dickey live without the Allmans and he put on a good show. Overshadowed by Skydog, but he was still a great guitar player
That's a bummer. I really dig the Allmans too.

I've seen them a bunch of times and one of them was one of the best concerts I've ever seen. They played a smallish venue in Cleveland call Nautica Stage right on the Cuyahoga River, with a band called The Kinsey Report. The Kinsey Report was a badass blues band, but the lead singer/guitarist had previously spent time recording and touring with Peter Tosh and Bob Marley (separately), so when TKR played reggae, it was top notch. TKR opened and tore it up, then TABB tore it up, then both bands took the stage and absolutely fucking demolished it. Great memory.

Thanks, Dickey. RIP.

Never even heard of Dickey Betts.......
blinking trailer park boys GIF

That's a bummer. I really dig the Allmans too.

I've seen them a bunch of times and one of them was one of the best concerts I've ever seen. They played a smallish venue in Cleveland call Nautica Stage right on the Cuyahoga River, with a band called The Kinsey Report. The Kinsey Report was a badass blues band, but the lead singer/guitarist had previously spent time recording and touring with Peter Tosh and Bob Marley (separately), so when TKR played reggae, it was top notch. TKR opened and tore it up, then TABB tore it up, then both bands took the stage and absolutely fucking demolished it. Great memory.

Thanks, Dickey. RIP.
I’ve seen Gregg Allman and I’ve seen Dickey Betts, but never have seen the Allman Brothers. Hell, I still dig the offshoots of the band(Tedeschi Trucks, Allman-Betts Band etc)

I’ve Gregg Allman and I’ve seen Dickey Betts, but never have seen the Allman Brothers. Hell, I still dig the offshoots of the band(Tedeschi Trucks, Allman-Betts Band etc)

I listen to them a lot. Midnight In Harlem is such a beautiful song it's ridiculous.

"the streets are empty, the subways closing down, I'm gonna carry this dream to the other side of town. . ."

I seent the ABB at Jones Beach about 25 years ago. About half of the original lineup was there that night...but not Dickey.

I listen to them a lot. Midnight In Harlem is such a beautiful song it's ridiculous.

"the streets are empty, the subways closing down, I'm gonna carry this dream to the other side of town. . ."
I want to see them too, but it seems like it’s always a week night when they do come to town