RIP Don Denkinger

I wish @Fish was here so someone would get mad when I say that was the correct call, tie goes to the runner
Of course while watching that video I came across the STL-ATL game with the infield fly rule called on an outfield hit, and the litter that followed. To be honest I didn't know a call had ever gone against the Cardinals.

Of course while watching that video I came across the STL-ATL game with the infield fly rule called on an outfield hit, and the litter that followed. To be honest I didn't know a call had ever gone against the Cardinals.
I was at that game. Second row down the third base line not far from where the call was made. I would have participated in throwing stuff, but I had to cover my head because of stuff being thrown from upper levels and behind me not quite reaching the field.

Only playoff game I’ve ever attended that the Braves lost, and the worst time I’ve ever had at a sporting event. Sitting through rain delays at a NASCAR race wasn’t that miserable

And it’s not like that call cost us the game, it just cost us any real shot. Down 6-3, but Brian McCann was a beast with the bases loaded back then. Would have been bases loaded, one out with McCann up, instead they intentionally walked McCann and it was bases loaded with 2 outs with Michael Bourn coming up

Reminds me of Armando Gallaraga's almost perfect game.

After hearing the news....

world-series-game-5-st-louis-cardinals-rich-pilling.jpg