RIP Eddie Van Halen

Hagar has now revealed that the pair reconciled and resolved their issues in recent months, but chose to keep the renewal of their friendship out of the public eye.

“Eddie and I had been texting, and it’s been a love fest since we started communicating earlier this year,” Hagar stated in a note passed along to The Howard Stern Show. “We both agreed not to tell anyone, because of all the rumours it would stir up about a reunion, et cetera, and we both knew that wasn’t gonna happen. But he also didn’t want anyone to know about his health.”

“He stopped responding to me a month ago, and I figured it wasn’t good. I reached out one more time last week, and when he didn’t respond, I figured it was a matter of time. But it came way too soon.”

RIP Eddie VanHalen and Johnny Nash.

Here it is. Found it back on vinyl back in 1980 or so at Underground Records in San Jose. That place was bootleg central then.

Man, that is gold! The sound is actually really good. Mike was hitting the low notes and the guitar was perfectly mixed with drums, if you like the drums a little low like I do.

Still processing the fact that we'll never see Van Halen take the stage again. The band is gone with Eddie and it's very hard to deal with.

Still processing the fact that we'll never see Van Halen take the stage again. The band is gone with Eddie and it's very hard to deal with.
Man, didn't even think about this.

Theoretically, is it even possible to ever put some reincarnation of Van Halen on a stage?

I guess it'd have to be with Alex and Wolfie's blessing and without Eddie on guitar you'd have to have Diamond Dave or Sammy. I just don't think that ever happens because they're just too damn old. It'd have to happen in the next year or two and I just don't see it happening. Dave was absolutely awful on those last shows and Sammy doesn't need the money and is having so much fun with Mikey and Chickenfoot.

Yeah, I don't think it ever happens again. That said, there is enough music on tape at 5150 to do 100 albums, according to Alex here. (this is one of the best interviews I've ever seen of Eddie and Alex)