RIP Travis Roy

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
this hit home to anyone playing hockey when it happened. first shift into his BU career and his life changed forever. my mom begged me to quit playing when this happened. we're the same age.

Somehow I hadn't even heard about this until I arrived in MA the following season but I remember it breaking my fucking heart. Then over time stupid me realized it was a triumphant story and not really a sad one. This part is definitely sad though, but he's left so much good for us.

Somehow I hadn't even heard about this until I arrived in MA the following season but I remember it breaking my fucking heart. Then over time stupid me realized it was a triumphant story and not really a sad one. This part is definitely sad though, but he's left so much good for us.
He gave a speech at our prep school. Good speaker and did a lot for spinal research. Wild that he died from complications to ensure his quality of life. Eleven Seconds was one of the first "big people" books I read as a kid, as I was a wicked young hockey player when this happened.

@Rock Strongo is right. If you lived in Boston (New England) and knew anything about college hockey you knew this story and it really affected you.

I saw the story of his passing and paused to admire what he did with his life that was tragically effected at such a young age. Hero’s come in all shapes and sizes

this hit home to anyone playing hockey when it happened. first shift into his BU career and his life changed forever. my mom begged me to quit playing when this happened. we're the same age.

sad news. and I definitely remember the story. I don't think you could be much of a U.S. hockey fan at that time and not know about it.

RIP

His dad in attendance and makes way to ice because he knows his kid is hurt bad because he isn't getting up.

Bill Burr called a RIP out for him on last weeks podcast too. I believe he had done some work with him on fund raising and awareness in the past, and knew the kid personally. He did something I’ve not seen his salty ass do before...get quiet and audibly choked up for a moment.

I remember the story, not because I played hockey, but he and I were the same age.

Went and refreshed myself on the story as I didn’t follow a whole lot after he was that kid who was paralyzed. Wow....he really made the most of his situation going forward. Very inspiring.