RoadKills Junkyard Gold

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 18,000.00
It's my favorite new series, although it's been on a few years.
I'm trying to catch up.

He walks around junkyards and tells you about old cars. He'll find a rare care and decipher the VIN and other clues as to what it really was. Really Interesting.
It's great.

Anyone else watch this.
It's on the Motor trend channel.

1624758733726.png

Watched an episode this morning about Mopar A and B bodies.
Like a Duster to Roadrunner comparison.
What engines came in each and their evolution .

Pretty good stuff.

So nobody has seen this show.
Not yet. I had just shitcanned the membership for MT last month so I resisted checking it out.

But, im also looking for something to watch right now so I went in and turned MT on again today. I love the aspect of the history of the cars being folded into what they are presenting. Very intriguing. Will check this out some tonight!

My son watches shit like that 24-7.

I'm not so much interested in old cars though.

It's my favorite new series, although it's been on a few years.
I'm trying to catch up.

He walks around junkyards and tells you about old cars. He'll find a rare care and decipher the VIN and other clues as to what it really was. Really Interesting.
It's great.

Anyone else watch this.
It's on the Motor trend channel.

View attachment 34145
Ok, I watched a few episodes last night. I really like this show and see just what you mentioned liking as well.

The insight into the cars is really cool. If I were picking yards for a car project I would be taking lots of notes. Instead it’s just all interesting. Thanks for the suggestion!

@outofyourmind ….having this thought while I’m watching this show. An example…he’s looking at a 54 Dodge pace car model and vetting it’s out that it’s real. The engines had a rare aluminum intake manifold that he says could go for $1000 itself.

If you own this yard and this guy bird dogs something like this are you stripping that part and making the money, or guarding the car more so it can’t be striped and the whole car could possibly go for more?

If you own this yard and this guy bird dogs something like this are you stripping that part and making the money, or guarding the car more so it can’t be striped and the whole car could possibly go for more?
Shit
That's a good question.

I'd think it had more to do with what the owners of the salvage yard wants out of life, or how hard he wants to work.
Maybe it's just easier to let people come to you, if you're making good money now.

I know some people keep that shit like a bank account. When they need some money, they sell some shit.

Shit
That's a good question.

I'd think it had more to do with what the owners of the salvage yard wants out of life, or how hard he wants to work.
Maybe it's just easier to let people come to you, if you're making good money now.

I know some people keep that shit like a bank account. When they need some money, they sell some shit.
Good share. I thought about this a lot watching it. It can be immeasurable to have this guy pointing things out, if you weren’t aware. Maybe you let that aluminum head go for $40.

You’re right about it depending on the owners. There was one family in season one that clearly knew cars super well, and used the profits from the yard to find builds. They know the worth of such oddities, I’m sure.

You also hit on another thought. This guy presents it all like he is walking the lot to find unique treasures….but I wonder if some of these aren’t in a more secured area of the yard. Again, they could be worth a lot if the right customer comes in.

Good share. I thought about this a lot watching it. It can be immeasurable to have this guy pointing things out, if you weren’t aware. Maybe you let that aluminum head go for $40.

You’re right about it depending on the owners. There was one family in season one that clearly knew cars super well, and used the profits from the yard to find builds. They know the worth of such oddities, I’m sure.

You also hit on another thought. This guy presents it all like he is walking the lot to find unique treasures….but I wonder if some of these aren’t in a more secured area of the yard. Again, they could be worth a lot if the right customer comes in.

'Engine Masters' comes on tonight.
It's a new episode.

They are going to talk about and dyno a cross ram vs a tunnel ram.

It's really interesting, the things that they do. Like how spark affect hp/torq, or airflow, or any number of shows.

Check it out on the Motor Trend Channel.

'Engine Masters' comes on tonight.
It's a new episode.

They are going to talk about and dyno a cross ram vs a tunnel ram.

It's really interesting, the things that they do. Like how spark affect hp/torq, or airflow, or any number of shows.

Check it out on the Motor Trend Channel.
Worth a look. Thanks. I’ve been going through the second season of Junkyard Gold. So he’s got this deal where he finds cars (or a car) for the Roadkill guys to do. First episode he tried to get them on board cramming a 8.2L Caddy motor into Pontiac’s version of the Chevette. But, of course he did this before in Hot Rod.

The Roadkill guy was straight shooting it down. Kind of a weird exchange.

Since then he keeps talking about cars he is going to bring to them….but he hasn’t yet. It’s weird.

But, it also has me interested to check out the Roadkill show.

Love roadkill, love the concept, can't stand the guy who does it. he's super smart but can tell he is on the spectrum.

Worth a look. Thanks. I’ve been going through the second season of Junkyard Gold. So he’s got this deal where he finds cars (or a car) for the Roadkill guys to do. First episode he tried to get them on board cramming a 8.2L Caddy motor into Pontiac’s version of the Chevette. But, of course he did this before in Hot Rod.

The Roadkill guy was straight shooting it down. Kind of a weird exchange.

Since then he keeps talking about cars he is going to bring to them….but he hasn’t yet. It’s weird.

But, it also has me interested to check out the Roadkill show.
He has done two cars I can recall on roadkill. The first failed as soon as they got on the road. the second I think they made work.

He has done two cars I can recall on roadkill. The first failed as soon as they got on the road. the second I think they made work.
He as in the guy on this Junkyard Gold show? I feel like he’s a really good host and talks the talk well.

I also feel like I really wouldn’t like getting a beer with him.

He as in the guy on this Junkyard Gold show? I feel like he’s a really good host and talks the talk well.

I also feel like I really wouldn’t like getting a beer with him.
He has the speaking cadence of what a chihuahua would have. He's overly excited all the time, which I can appreciate but also find it mentally tiring. I appreciate when someone is an expert in their field (even if I know most of it is researched before the camera rolls) but man he wears on me.

Yeah
Engine Masters is completely different.
They are inside a dark room, in a dyno shop, talking about small amounts of hp change with different shit on the engine.
I live it.
Yeah and the chemistry is there between the three but also lots of awkward pauses and laughter. feels like sitting in a shop shooting the shit with my buddies.

No
Junkyard Gold is Steve Mangenti, or however you spell it.
The other show is a completely different guy
Yeah the Steve guy. I love Dulcic, Finnegan, and Freiburger. My favorite show in their lineup though is hotrod garage. I'm a huge fan of both Lucky and TAngelo96, would buy them a beer for sure if I ever met them.