Best rock song about cowboys

• Aerosmith - Back in the Saddle

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Thin Lizzy - Cowboy Song

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Eagles - Desparado

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

I saw them play that ... and a bunch more. It was at the NY State fair in Syracuse and it was free. I was stage side through the whole concert. Definately a lot of fun.

I would lable that southern rock though.

I saw them play that ... and a bunch more. It was at the NY State fair in Syracuse and it was free. I was stage side through the whole concert. Definately a lot of fun.

I would lable that southern rock though.
If you can include the Eagles on your list, he belongs. Just saying.

If you can include the Eagles on your list, he belongs. Just saying.

That wasn't a complaint. But...The eagles don't have a violinist or steele guitar or banjo as a regular part of their lineup. Just saying. But I like your addition.

That wasn't a complaint. But...The eagles don't have a violinist or steele guitar or banjo as a regular part of their lineup. Just saying. But I like your addition.
I am an Eagles fan but I call it desert rock. I never considered it rock and roll. I was just starting to escape my bluegrass addiction when they arrived on the scene. Smooth transition.

cool cover

Last edited:
I can see i'm failing on this one.

iu

Thin Lizzy

That one goes back a long way and isn't near the hit that the other two were. Jail Break was their monster hit and cowboy song was more a cult thing. Cowboy song got my vote as well. I'm surprised somebody else picked it.

That one goes back a long way and isn't near the hit that the other two were. Jail Break was their monster hit and cowboy song was more a cult thing. Cowboy song got my vote as well. I'm surprised somebody else picked it.
Not a big Aerosmith fan, and I can't stand the fuckin' Eagles(save for Joe Walsh)

Thin Lizzy is super underrated IMO