Ryan Day to the Eagles?

Urban Meyer back to Ohio State confirmed

I wonder what it would cost the Eagles to buy him out of that extension he signed with Ohio State last year? That may be pretty prohibitive to the Eagles.

tenor.gif

I hope so. That would be the best. Though I'm sure the guy they bring in that they found working for a home depot in Wyoming will all of a sudden be some elite super star coach.

He was pretty unsuccessful in his brief time in the nfl as a QB coach, so I'm not sure how I feel about this given that fact. That said, he didn't have anything to work with in Philly and San Francisco, so those might be outliers. As an Eagles fan, I'm not really sure who the hell I want the coach to be. He's probably as good of a candidate as anyone else though.

Eagles should give Marty Mornhinweg a call.

(No mornhinweg gifs available, damn you hammer)

Eagles should give Marty Mornhinweg a call.

(No mornhinweg gifs available, damn you hammer)
They won’t have to call him. He’s been on the staff all season as an offensive assistant. And look how well that offense worked.

Heard this talked about in a podcast a few days ago (not specific to the Eagles, but to Day leaving for the NFL at this point)

The guys got ridiculous talent around him at most every position. Some positions have depth of talent. The Eagles have an old roster, a QB mess, and are needing to shed tens of millions in cap this offseason.

Which one should Day pick?

I think there is going to be lots of reports of coaches the Eagles are interested in, followed by lots of reports of coaches turning down an interview with the Eagles because they are a dysfunctional mess right now.

They’ve done everything possible to make head coach of the Philadelphia Eagles as unattractive as possible.