Science Fiction Reads

ill

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
tons of great Sci Fi books out there

favorites include Ender's Game, Hitchhikers Guide, The Collapsing Empire and Old Man's War from Scalzi, The Forever War...

I have A Memory Called Empire on my bookshelf that I need to get to.

last one I read was The Children of Time.

Still reading through the Old Man's War series, and so far it's brilliant.

Also going through the Star Wars Canon, having only read 1 thus far. So far, Revan, is pretty good.

After I'm down with Old Man's War, I want to start working my way through all the Hugo Award winners.

s-l300.webp

Dhalgren by Samuel Delany

Another series I need to set away a couple months for is Roger Zelzany's The Chronicles of Amer series.

Another series I need to set away a couple months for is Roger Zelzany's The Chronicles of Amer series.
Won't take you a week for the first 5 books. I don't really recommend following with the final 5 books but some people like them.

Thjs is the only series I immediately gave a reread after finishing the last page.

Also going through the Star Wars Canon, having only read 1 thus far. So far, Revan, is pretty good.

After I'm down with Old Man's War, I want to start working my way through all the Hugo Award winners.

You mean the Star Wars: Legends books? I didn't think they have written a Revan book yet that is considered Canon.

The Red Rising series was good. The 6th book came out recently, but it's been a while since I read the others that I'll need to reread or look through a recap to get up to speed.

The Red Rising series was good. The 6th book came out recently, but it's been a while since I read the others that I'll need to reread or look through a recap to get up to speed.
I just started Light Bringer (the 6th one) the other day. I have signed first editions of the last 3 books...I need to work on getting signed copies of the first 3.

They are fantastic reads. Pierce Brown tells a good story.

I read the first of Old Man's War but haven't started Ghost Brigades or any of the other books from that series. I have considered it though.

Won't take you a week for the first 5 books. I don't really recommend following with the final 5 books but some people like them.

Thjs is the only series I immediately gave a reread after finishing the last page.
I have The Great Book of Amber on my bedside table. I think I am on the 4th book of the series.

1704483814706.png

Ill, you ever read "The Ringworld" series?
I have not. I haven't gotten all that into classic science fiction like that.

worth a read?

I am slowing going through The Expanse right now. I am on book 5.

I just started Light Bringer (the 6th one) the other day. I have signed first editions of the last 3 books...I need to work on getting signed copies of the first 3.

They are fantastic reads. Pierce Brown tells a good story.

He does, but it's been a few years, so I feel I need to reread the whole thing out find a good summary leading up to the 6th book.

I've got a couple other Sanderson audio books waiting, so it's just about finding the time to listen on my commute. I've got a few I'm working through on my kindle and paper copy also.

I go from waiting for Martin to finish the GoT series, to finding Sanderson and reading what he has available, then many other authors I enjoy.... to now feeling like I've got a back log due to the authors putting out plenty and my own life not allowing the time to keep up with everything else.

He does, but it's been a few years, so I feel I need to reread the whole thing out find a good summary leading up to the 6th book.

I've got a couple other Sanderson audio books waiting, so it's just about finding the time to listen on my commute. I've got a few I'm working through on my kindle and paper copy also.

I go from waiting for Martin to finish the GoT series, to finding Sanderson and reading what he has available, then many other authors I enjoy.... to now feeling like I've got a back log due to the authors putting out plenty and my own life not allowing the time to keep up with everything else.
I did start rereading last year. Got through Red Rising and Golden Son but have not gotten around to Morning Star. They are just as good the second time through.

there are a couple series I am waiting for the next book like Rothfuss or Lynch...and of course Martin. But there are so many other great ones out there that I'm not completely pissed off about it.

And Sanderson puts out books like crazy. He keeps me busy by himself.

I did start rereading last year. Got through Red Rising and Golden Son but have not gotten around to Morning Star. They are just as good the second time through.

there are a couple series I am waiting for the next book like Rothfuss or Lynch...and of course Martin. But there are so many other great ones out there that I'm not completely pissed off about it.

And Sanderson puts out books like crazy. He keeps me busy by himself.

That's the love/ hate I have with Sanderson. I want to read everything he puts out, but can't keep up if I'm trying to follow a few other series.

I don't know if Rothfuss will ever finish the Name of the Wind series. This was actually the first series I turned to after Martin because I awaited the finish of GoT.... only to wait again for the end of the Name of the Wind series.

That is what got me into Sanderson and I've gone through most of his stuff. He's prolific and while I try to keep up with him, there are others I'm trying to follow as well.

It gets to the point that after years waiting for the next book, you have to reread the previous book or more, but that takes away from keeping up with the other authors you enjoy.

I guess it's hard to complain that there are plenty of options to read, but it's wanting it to be finished to read all at once, much like a TV series that you can binge the whole thing.

I have not. I haven't gotten all that into classic science fiction like that.

worth a read?

I am slowing going through The Expanse right now. I am on book 5.
I think so. I was really into science professionals writing science fiction.

That's the love/ hate I have with Sanderson. I want to read everything he puts out, but can't keep up if I'm trying to follow a few other series.

I don't know if Rothfuss will ever finish the Name of the Wind series. This was actually the first series I turned to after Martin because I awaited the finish of GoT.... only to wait again for the end of the Name of the Wind series.

That is what got me into Sanderson and I've gone through most of his stuff. He's prolific and while I try to keep up with him, there are others I'm trying to follow as well.

It gets to the point that after years waiting for the next book, you have to reread the previous book or more, but that takes away from keeping up with the other authors you enjoy.

I guess it's hard to complain that there are plenty of options to read, but it's wanting it to be finished to read all at once, much like a TV series that you can binge the whole thing.
I think Rothfuss is moving in the right direction with stuff. He went through a bad run with his wife and is trying toget his life back in order. He put out a novella last year. I'm hoping it's a sign of things to come.

I read a couple of Sanderson's secret novels from COVID...not all were good. It's weird to have a Sanderson book not be great

Last edited:
John Ringo’s Posleen War series. Military sci-fi at it’s finest

just finished Light Bringer and it lived up to my expectations.

I have a couple more sci fi books on my shelf that I am holding off on reading right now (Paolini's To Sleep in a Sea of Stars and a few classics) but I will be waiting for Red God from Brown.