Science Knowledge Quiz

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
It's a pretty easy one. Take it once and post your results:

Try not to Google and be honest. I got them all. Antibiotics one and genetic engineering one almost tripped me up.

SmartSelect_20210225-213830_Chrome.jpg

It's a pretty easy one. Take it once and post your results:

Try not to Google and be honest. I got them all. Antibiotics one and genetic engineering one almost tripped me up.

View attachment 22067
Screenshot_20210225-225446.png

Was pretty easy. Completed that while having a side conversation

View attachment 22068

Was pretty easy. Completed that while having a side conversation
Yeah, I was actively talking shit about your Buckeyes while doing it.

But I did take a second on the antibiotics question. Was thinking about why you shouldn’t flush pills.

• Up Yours!
Reactions: Me
1614363471619.png

That was pretty easy.... I'm surprised I got them all right because I guessed at two questions. The antacid one and shit I forget the other. But the guessed answer made a lot more sense than the other possible choices.

So in conclusion....

Multiple choice tests are nothing to brag about OP!

Science Knowledge Quiz​

You answered 11 of 11 questions correctly.​

See how your results compare with the 4,464 randomly sampled adults that took part in our national survey and review how you responded to each question. For more findings from the survey, read "What Americans Know About Science."

You scored better than 83% of the public and the same as 16%.​

Easy even for a GED guy.

So how do you get to be the 1% that was better than 11 for 11? :headscratch:

View attachment 22149

That was pretty easy.... I'm surprised I got them all right because I guessed at two questions. The antacid one and shit I forget the other. But the guessed answer made a lot more sense than the other possible choices.

So in conclusion....

Multiple choice tests are nothing to brag about OP!
Haha, not bragging, like I said it was an easy test. I can post some physics questions of my own if ya want a tougher challenge. I don't suspect many are going to post when if they score less than perfect at this point.

Last edited:
Here's a very easy physics question. Don't bother searching because I'm making it up on the fly.

You drop a iron ball with a mass 1 kg from a 27 meter high roof. What is the total energy of the ball at the top of the roof? What is total energy of the ball when just before it hits the ground at h=0? What is the velocity of the ball at that instant, just before it strikes the ground?

The only two equations you really need to solve this are:

PE = mgh, take g = 9.8m/s^2
KE = 0.5mv^2

There's really only one other key to solving but I'll leave that for ya'll to find.

Last edited:
Here's a very easy physics question. Don't bother searching because I'm making it up on the fly.

You drop a iron ball with a mass 1 kg from a 27 meter high roof. What is the total energy of the ball at the top of the roof? What is total energy of the ball when just before it hits the ground at h=0? What is the velocity of the ball at that instant, just before it strikes the ground?

The only two equations you really need to solve this are:

PE = mgh, take g = 9.8m/s^2
KE = 0.5mv^2

There's really only one other key to solving but I'll leave that for ya'll to find.
Is this in a vacuum? How do we know the ball won’t reach terminal velocity before hitting the ground?

Is this in a vacuum? How do we know the ball won’t reach terminal velocity before hitting the ground?
Like many introductory mechanics problems, we are neglecting air resistance. It's not going to reach terminal velocity falling only from a height of 27 meters but you could plug the mass into that equation and figure that out if you wanted. The velocity you will find will be less than that.

Like many introductory mechanics problems, we are neglecting air resistance. It's not going to reach terminal velocity falling only from a height of 27 meters but you could plug the mass into that equation and figure that out if you wanted. The velocity you will find will be less than that.
Follow up question. Is the ball spinning when it’s dropped, because the magnus effect might make the distance traveled greater than 27 meters.

Follow up question. Is the ball spinning when it’s dropped, because the magnus effect might make the distance traveled greater than 27 meters.
It won't have a significant effect on the velocity regardless. Pretty sure if you are neglecting air resistance, you neglect the magnus effect. Technically, since you only have one significant digit for the mass, you can only have one for the velocity but I'm not even trying to get that technical. Only really need apply one simple, well known law to solve it. This isn't an advanced problem and the answer you get would be really close to an experimental answer, even though you are neglecting air resistance.

Force of gravity is 32.2 ft/s

Funny thing, I was just studying about unit weights of aggregate for concrete. They talked about mass vs weight