Scientists have discovered the maximum age a human can live to

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 3,154.00

"On average, people live longer, but the very oldest among us have not gotten older over the last thirty years. There is certainly some kind of a wall here. Of course, the average life expectancy has increased. Nevertheless, the maximum ceiling hasn't changed."

Research conducted in The Netherlands has found that the maximum ceiling life span for a female is 115.7 years.

For men, it is slightly lower at 114.1 years but even so, that's a long time.

These findings correlate with a study carried out in America, where a similar lifespan bracket was discovered by researchers.

They determined that a person's maximum lifespan plateaus in their nineties and was unlikely to ever increase beyond 115.

There is certainly some kind of a wall here. Of course, the average life expectancy has increased. Nevertheless, the maximum ceiling hasn't changed."

This part caught my attention. I just assumed that the oldest people today were older than the oldest people were a century ago.

Methuselah disagrees with the findings.

That line was broken.

There is certainly some kind of a wall here. Of course, the average life expectancy has increased. Nevertheless, the maximum ceiling hasn't changed."

This part caught my attention. I just assumed that the oldest people today were older than the oldest people were a century ago.
You and I will not live as long as our grandparents or parents.

There are men and women alive right now who are older than these scientific maximums.

Apparently these super smart scientists, with their research money and their Dutch diplomas, don’t have Bing.

Tell that to the Dunedain.

"On average, people live longer, but the very oldest among us have not gotten older over the last thirty years. There is certainly some kind of a wall here. Of course, the average life expectancy has increased. Nevertheless, the maximum ceiling hasn't changed."

Research conducted in The Netherlands has found that the maximum ceiling life span for a female is 115.7 years.

For men, it is slightly lower at 114.1 years but even so, that's a long time.

These findings correlate with a study carried out in America, where a similar lifespan bracket was discovered by researchers.

They determined that a person's maximum lifespan plateaus in their nineties and was unlikely to ever increase beyond 115.
I don't want to sound like an internet know-it-all. But, it sounds like you are talking about the Hayflick Limit which has been known since 1961 and suggests that a human lifespan is limited to roughly 120 years. There is detailed info in the link below:

You and I will not live as long as our grandparents or parents.

its in the Bible too
These two posts reminded me of this piece of gold: