Secret pleasure.

Herring in wine sauce. Yep, pickled fish.
Food Poisoning Reaction GIF by lilcozynostril

Those Scandinavian fucks (technically, I’m one of them) love them some pickled fish. You’ll note the lack of Scandinavian restaurants outside of the IKEA food court.
I make a batch out of panfish fillets every 2 years or so. Make 'em just like refrigerator pickles.

My Finn-Swede maternal grandparents put me on to something much more delectable than gnarly pickled fish.

Fried porridge. In butter. With brown sugar.

My Finn-Swede maternal grandparents put me on to something much more delectable than gnarly pickled fish.

Fried porridge. In butter. With brown sugar.

Still have that. Use maple syrup though. The real stuff, not flavored corn syrup.

Herring in wine sauce. Yep, pickled fish.
I get some of this around Christmas for whatever reason. We always had it around then growing up. Not sure if there is really reason for the timing but I've kept it up.

pickled fish is fucking gross.
It sounds so disgusting that I suspected it was a joke or something. I googled it thinking there would be no such thing. Apparently I underestimated people.

Sloopy Joe sandwich buried in cottage cheese.
I mean, I guess I can see how that would work but not sure I'd ever thought to try it

I mean my only weird food thing turned out last time we discussed this not to be weird...Wendy's fries in a Wendy's frosty.