Senior Care Wednesday

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 33,889.00
This shit is going to drive me nuts when I have to deal with it with my parents.

MiL has been home since Christmas Eve. When she was released, she was supposed to be getting mobility aids (I think a wheelchair and a walker), a commode, and FiL picked out a shower chair. No one knows where these are. Apparently the care facility she was in last was supposed to send everything to the town pharmacy. Neither MiL nor FiL has followed up. BiL was supposed to call the pharmacy on Monday, but he didn't. So we still don't know where any of this stuff is.

Meanwhile, last month I went to a family friend's house to potentially pick up a commode, and was told after I went there that they wouldn't need the commode. I should have just taken the damn thing then.

There's also obviously a lot of stress in their house as MiL has limited mobility and FiL has the burden of doing everything in the house plus assisting MiL. Their county offers assistance via housekeeping and caretakers. FiL, BiL, and wife have not called.

FiL is understandably concerned about keeping costs controlled, since they live on a fixed income. So I get why he doesn't want to just pay whatever. What I can't understand is why he won't pick up the phone to save money by either getting the covered insurance items or the covered county services.

MiL could probably handle doing some of this stuff too at this point, but she did practically everything in the house before she got sick and probably deserves the break. I mean, she can't physically go to the pharmacy on her own, but she could make the phone calls that no one else is making.

morning all

Trivia team came in 4th last night, it was frustrating because we "should've" been second

there 8 rounds, after round 1-4 a brief break, and rounds 5-8. For the second part, you get to select one round to be your "mega" round where extra points are assigned based on confidence points. Rounds 5-7 we had perfect scores, but admittely, some luck was involved there especially in round 6 and 7 which had a few educated guesses. We of course picked 8 as our mega round, which we thought we did well in, but did not, so ended up 4th, had we picked any other round, we would've been in 2nd

Kicker is, I was most confident in round 5, but Mrs Pnk didn't trust one of my answers so she ruled out 5, despite me telling her I was positive it was the right answer and we knew the rest were all correct. #getadivorce

This shit is going to drive me nuts when I have to deal with it with my parents.

MiL has been home since Christmas Eve. When she was released, she was supposed to be getting mobility aids (I think a wheelchair and a walker), a commode, and FiL picked out a shower chair. No one knows where these are. Apparently the care facility she was in last was supposed to send everything to the town pharmacy. Neither MiL nor FiL has followed up. BiL was supposed to call the pharmacy on Monday, but he didn't. So we still don't know where any of this stuff is.

Meanwhile, last month I went to a family friend's house to potentially pick up a commode, and was told after I went there that they wouldn't need the commode. I should have just taken the damn thing then.

There's also obviously a lot of stress in their house as MiL has limited mobility and FiL has the burden of doing everything in the house plus assisting MiL. Their county offers assistance via housekeeping and caretakers. FiL, BiL, and wife have not called.

FiL is understandably concerned about keeping costs controlled, since they live on a fixed income. So I get why he doesn't want to just pay whatever. What I can't understand is why he won't pick up the phone to save money by either getting the covered insurance items or the covered county services.

MiL could probably handle doing some of this stuff too at this point, but she did practically everything in the house before she got sick and probably deserves the break. I mean, she can't physically go to the pharmacy on her own, but she could make the phone calls that no one else is making.
time to move them into your house so you can take care of them

Just Wait Cobra Kai GIF by NETFLIX

Threaten Talladega Nights GIF

If there was any moving, we'd be moving in with them, since they have a larger house and live on a quieter street. Either way, hard pass.

Threaten Talladega Nights GIF

If there was any moving, we'd be moving in with them, since they have a larger house and live on a quieter street. Either way, hard pass.
On second thought, if we moved in with them, would that mean that I'm on permanent vacation?

@kobesgame, what are the rules here?

is their house paid off? Jiddy would do it just to save on rent.
I don't know. I know they bought this house fairly recently (at least in housing terms), I don't remember exactly how long they've been in the house. I think it's been close to 10 years since they moved, and I think their old house was paid off when they moved.

married a short time, already bitter

Jason Sudeikis Ted Lasso GIF by Apple TV
tBroad wasn't happy to find out that I'll be at a bachelor party the weekend before our anniversary next month. Bitch, the anniversary is in the middle of the week. Some golf and strippers a few days beforehand ain't going to ruin it.

tBroad wasn't happy to find out that I'll be at a bachelor party the weekend before our anniversary next month. Bitch, the anniversary is in the middle of the week. Some golf and strippers a few days beforehand ain't going to ruin it.
First anniversary present is crabs?