Should the Rangers tank the Mariners series this weekend?

Should the Rangers tank the Mariners season to keep Houston out of the playoffs

• yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • you are out of your fucking mind

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • potato salad

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
if the mariners can win 1 or 2 here from the stros and sweep the rangers.. they would probably get the final WC spot leaving the stros home..

should the rangers tank the series as no one wants to see Houston in the playoffs.

Beat the Angels tomorrow and they definitely will likely find themselves in a position where they do not need to try Saturday and Sunday.

Especially if Astros lose tomorrow as well

I’ll take Houston over the two franchises thatve never been able to win the tourney.

I’ll take Houston over the two franchises thatve never been able to win the tourney.
How Dare You Stare GIF by Quinta B

No team should ever lose a game intentionally for any reason. Ever.

if the mariners can win 1 or 2 here from the stros and sweep the rangers.. they would probably get the final WC spot leaving the stros home..

should the rangers tank the series as no one wants to see Houston in the playoffs.
You worry about your league, Brave Boy.

Integrity of the game. If you want to start your 9 "worst" players that is one thing. But you play to win.
I don’t know, if I’m the manager and the loss doesn’t effect my team at all, but a win for the opponent eliminates the Mets, I’m fielding a lineup of all pitchers and starting the 4th outfielder on the mound

And why would anyone not want the Astros in the playoffs. Mike Fiers was the villain there, not the Astros

Integrity of the game. If you want to start your 9 "worst" players that is one thing. But you play to win.
This. If you've already clinched, use it as an opportunity to let your benchwarmers, non starters etc to get some playing time before the playoffs in case of injury etc to starters later on. Same for any sport.

I don’t know, if I’m the manager and the loss doesn’t effect my team at all, but a win for the opponent eliminates the Mets, I’m fielding a lineup of all pitchers and starting the 4th outfielder on the mound
They'll take care of that themselves :biggrin:

Though I do support the sentiment of "fuck them Mets", or any NY team for that matter.

This. If you've already clinched, use it as an opportunity to let your benchwarmers, non starters etc to get some playing time before the playoffs in case of injury etc to starters later on. Same for any sport.
If it fucks over the Mets, honestly, I might just straight up forfeit the game

I think that your players will revolt if you tell them all to go out there and look/act foolish for 9 innings. It's part of the reason that MLB teams won't go even a single game without a backup catcher on their bench. It's about professionalism.

I think that your players will revolt if you tell them all to go out there and look/act foolish for 9 innings. It's part of the reason that MLB teams won't go even a single game without a backup catcher on their bench. It's about professionalism.
Then a straight up forfeit and a party in the clubhouse it is

If you do that, make sure you refund all the tickets sold and a prorated share of the media payments. Also, withhold the pay of your players.
Ticket refunds and media payments, fine. Players are still getting paid though

They are 8-1 vs the Mariners. So YES. It makes sense