Sixers 2020 Off-season

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 89,512.00
So, where can the team even go from here?

It was inevitable that Brown was going to be gone, but surprising to see he's been the scapegoat for the entire fuck-up. I know, I know Brand is reevaluating the Front Office, going to bring in some basketball minds. I doubt it was analytics that suggested pairing your 2 young franchise stars that work best inside the arc with 2 high priced players that bring the same, though at bloated contracts well above their abilities. The fact they chose to sign the guy that whiffed in the playoffs over the one that was the best on the team during them takes away any need for them to throw good money after bad after trading away so many assets for them both. But again, I'm glad the GM who presided over the roster construction is trying to figure out how this happened.

And this is the same brain trust that will be in charge of finding a coach to make this clusterfuck of a roster work. Not to mention try and figure out how they can improve upon the pieces they have, which from the trades I've seen floating out there involve giving up more assets just so they can offload Horford while bringing in Chris Paul at $41M a year, which should clear the cap nicely in 2 years when he is off the books and Embiid leaves shortly afterwards to go someplace that knows what the fuck they're doing.

Thoughts?

Huzzah, after really doing nothing to revamp the front office they picked up the available Morey. I'll take it.

new assistant coach signed today too. big day

Bunch of big moves for the Sixers!!!

Wait, we still have the same roster?????

Bunch of big moves for the Sixers!!!

Wait, we still have the same roster?????
Can trades happen anytime or does it have to wait until the start of FA? Then again, the draft is before the FA period, so that wouldn't make sense.

Can trades happen anytime or does it have to wait until the start of FA? Then again, the draft is before the FA period, so that wouldn't make sense.

The draft is Nov. 18th.
There is no date for FA yet.

Would have to assume that trades can be made on draft day.
Maybe even a week before? I don't know.

And it begins... soon.

please take horford away.

I'll take Josh Green and take a shot at a PG with the early 2nds or use both to trade up to get Bane.

And Horford is gone.

excited the waterboy GIF

That's a tremendous move to unload that contract from the books .... I don't care what Green has or doesn't have left in the tank. We didn't even have to give up our 1st rounder this year??? just an A+++ move by the Sixers. Interested to see what happens now ...

Well, I dig it. Team got better and has more flexibility going forward.

Looks like Pelle won't be joining the team next year.

Noel did put out that bait, that may have hinted he is going to return

He hasn't cost much recently and would be a great backup/occassional starter. Much better value than Al, if you ask me (granted, I imagine he also wouldn't be expected to play in a lineup with Ben, Tobias, and Joel at the same time).

Well, I dig it. Team got better and has more flexibility going forward.

Looks like Pelle won't be joining the team next year.

Noel did put out that bait, that may have hinted he is going to return

He hasn't cost much recently and would be a great backup/occassional starter. Much better value than Al, if you ask me (granted, I imagine he also wouldn't be expected to play in a lineup with Ben, Tobias, and Joel at the same time).

The 2nd rounder Reed might be a capable backup.
There's also an $8M trade exception from Horford, the MLE, and a potential vet minimum player to sign.

The 2nd rounder Reed might be a capable backup.
There's also an $8M trade exception from Horford, the MLE, and a potential vet minimum player to sign.
with the cap i have no idea how any of that shakes out. between luxury tax, apron, can't go over during the season if they do one thing, but not if they do another. glad we have someone capable in the front office now.

with the cap i have no idea how any of that shakes out. between luxury tax, apron, can't go over during the season if they do one thing, but not if they do another. glad we have someone capable in the front office now.
I think they are just under $2M above the luxury tax.
They may need to cut another player or two to use those exceptions.

But, yeah, it's nice to know that the front office is competent and capable.

I think they are just under $2M above the luxury tax.
They may need to cut another player or two to use those exceptions.

But, yeah, it's nice to know that the front office is competent and capable.
the article just confused me more than anything else. just keep it simple.

so, dwight howard then. i don't know if it precludes them from a Noel considering Howard's age, but not what I was expecting, min deal at least and his 7 points and 7 rebounds average is what that garbage ass Horford averaged in the playoffs last year, so, good enough.

Watched a lot of Tyrese Maxey these past few days ... His outside, long range set shot needs work, but other than that I see a ton of potential. His body control and finish is above average ... his floater game is excellent coming into the league and it looks like he can go left or right equally effectively. I think he has a shot to be a 12-15 point player in the league with 5-6 assists as a combo Guard. He's a guy who will help out when you need someone to win a one on one ... I think we got solid value.

so, dwight howard then. i don't know if it precludes them from a Noel considering Howard's age, but not what I was expecting, min deal at least and his 7 points and 7 rebounds average is what that garbage ass Horford averaged in the playoffs last year, so, good enough.
Yeah, for the vet minimum I'm ok with this.
16 minutes a night as a backup for Embiid.
If the other team goes small, Simmons can act as the 5 and Dwight sits.

For the trade exception/MLE, we could go for a backup PG, but I'm ok with developing Shake.
Also want to get a look at Zhaire.

They might be done.