Snowy Monday

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
Morning all, winter has arrived in Minnesota, in spring time though

Starting baseball practices tomorrow. Going to be cold, but I'm planning on just doing a short one.

Starting baseball practices tomorrow. Going to be cold, but I'm planning on just doing a short one.

I didn’t realize baseball ever ended. Seems like it’s 365 around here with the baseball kids.

Anything can be year round if you want it to be. My kids only play spring baseball. I'm not about to get into that travel ball bullshit at 9 years old.

My cousins kid was the dude in baseball as a kid. He really pushed him hard. Kid threw his arm out at 13 and never played again. Now he just golfs.

that was a bitch, took 90 minutes to clear my driveway and neighbors, snowblower kept clogging up as snow as heavy and wet.

My cousins kid was the dude in baseball as a kid. He really pushed him hard. Kid threw his arm out at 13 and never played again. Now he just golfs.
There was a kid a year ahead of me at another high school near us that pitched his Little League teams to the Little League World Series when he was 12 and 13. By the time he got to high school, his arm was so shot he could only play 2B, and even though he was a good enough hitter, his arm was too weak for pro ball. Damn shame.

Anything can be year round if you want it to be. My kids only play spring baseball. I'm not about to get into that travel ball bullshit at 9 years old.

We live in Pearland. Who ends up in the llws every so often. And parents here are saying that if you don’t join full time by 4 you will never make the team or be so far behind.

I told my wife. That is bullcrap. If you are good enough You will make any team at any age

There was a kid a year ahead of me at another high school near us that pitched his Little League teams to the Little League World Series when he was 12 and 13. By the time he got to high school, his arm was so shot he could only play 2B, and even though he was a good enough hitter, his arm was too weak for pro ball. Damn shame.

There are a lot of irresponsible coaches in youth sports who will put winning over the kids health, especially in baseball.

A lot of kids my sons age are training and playing year-round, some of them already getting into plyometrics and all types of core building exercises where they are jumping and balancing on one leg. These are the kids who will get to HS and blow their knees out because of all the awkward wear and tear they are suffering through now.

There are a lot of irresponsible coaches in youth sports who will put winning over the kids health, especially in baseball.

A lot of kids my sons age are training and playing year-round, some of them already getting into plyometrics and all types of core building exercises where they are jumping and balancing on one leg. These are the kids who will get to HS and blow their knees out because of all the awkward wear and tear they are suffering through now.

My kid's middle school golf team has 3... THREE matches a week. Fucking nuts. She'll maybe play in 1 a week through April after skipping the first 2 weeks.

What kind of insane person makes these schedules for kids. Can't be at a golf course from 3:30 until dark 3 times a week and still get homework done.

that was a bitch, took 90 minutes to clear my driveway and neighbors, snowblower kept clogging up as snow as heavy and wet.
My brother got like a foot over the weekend up in New Hampshire. Was just rain here.

We live in Pearland. Who ends up in the llws every so often. And parents here are saying that if you don’t join full time by 4 you will never make the team or be so far behind.

I told my wife. That is bullcrap. If you are good enough You will make any team at any age
if the dream is to go to Williamsport, Pa, dream bigger.

If you can play, you can play. Our best player last year has never played organized ball before. If you can be coached and you're a good athlete, you can play.

Hell, most of the time the "good" kids at the really young age just have a small edge in getting their coordination, and once the rest of thr pack catches up, it's whatever. And 90% of what you learn at that age is so goddamn basic that you're not losing anything by just playing in your back yard.

If you can play, you can play. Our best player last year has never played organized ball before. If you can be coached and you're a good athlete, you can play.

Hell, most of the time the "good" kids at the really young age just have a small edge in getting their coordination, and once the rest of thr pack catches up, it's whatever. And 90% of what you learn at that age is so goddamn basic that you're not losing anything by just playing in your back yard.
agree to disagree. you can be the best athlete in the world, but you'll get smoked by anyone that's ever watched a Tom Emanski VHS every time.

Saw that on the news. Sorry it’s going to be 78 here today
sorry not sorry middle finger GIF